Where to install Drayton Wiser?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I want to install Drayton Wiser in my home to control heating and hot water.
My question is where do I wire it?

In my house currently I have a 2 zone heating system (2 thermostats) and 1 hot water timer. Each of these are in different rooms, so which one do I wire the Wiser to?
I have a conventional boiler, with a meagflo in the airing cupboard, and my gas boiler in the garage.

PXL_20220926_081112990.MP.jpg
Hot water (In Kitchen)

PXL_20220926_084432577.MP.jpg
Zone 1 radiators (Hallway)

PXL_20220926_081614874.MP.jpg
Zone 2 radiators (airing cupboard - connects wirelessly to a thermostat - that looks similar to the zone 1 thermostat)

PXL_20220912_173515194 (1).jpg
Megaflo (In airing cupboard)

PXL_20220926_085720471.MP.jpg
Boiler (In Garage - No wiring present)

thanks.

Sponsored Links
The wiser is wireless thermostat’s and a 1/2/3 channel receiver, I’m guessing you bought a 2 channel? Either way the receiver would be wired into the wiring center in the cylinder cupboard. All other wiring will need to be joined or removed at wiring center and replaced with ones for the wiser.

The Wiser base can go where you want, unlike Hive which needs be be in a room under 22 degrees.

As to two or three channel personally I would convert to two channel, officially it says OpenTherm is single channel only, but seen reports it works with two channel.

But one first works out what you want to do, then how to do it, seems odd to buy Wisser then work it out.

The Wiser base can go where you want, unlike Hive which needs be be in a room under 22 degrees.

As to two or three channel personally I would convert to two channel, officially it says OpenTherm is single channel only, but seen reports it works with two channel.

But one first works out what you want to do, then how to do it, seems odd to buy Wisser then work it out.
Where have you read that the Hive receiver needs to be in a room below 22 degrees c?

Sponsored Links
I seem to remember Hive's own web page, the wall thermostat at the moment stops accepting demand for heat after 22ºC so if the room is over 22ºC then the TRV's in other rooms will not work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back