Install Pyronix Euro mini

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. My first post to this forum... but have been using it for many years .
I’m installing the above alarm sys and need some help.
I have installed several alarms over the years, but this sys is a little confusing.
The old panels I use to use for PIRs connections to panel for each zone was 12+ OV Tmpx2. N/Cx2.
I understand this panel uses Zone 1as Tamper conn for all zones in series, And Zone/COM as the normally closed N/C, but I’m not sure about the power to each pir. Obviously 12+ To +, but what do I connect black(-) to. I always used to put all - to a block and then into OV. Panel does have OV, but seems to be on Z2 COM .? Also pir instructions say connect to 12+ and GND ?
Any confirmation really appreciated .

Sponsored Links
Wire detectors as EOL as this diagram. Control panel comes with resistors or your pir may have resistor jumpers already on pir.
Screenshot_20200725-174726.png

The power terminals are OV and 12v
You can wire any pir's to these terminals. Pcb designed to break up the amount of detectors wired into one pair of terminals

Wire 0v to common. As handyman says best to use eol resistors, as easier for fault finding

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for the quick replys.
I’ve already wired it up DP, because that’s what I was use to. My confusion, is because zone 1 is used as Tamp circuit... and that would normally have been my EE... but not a problem. Zone 2 therefore, is instructed to be EE ( door sensor) in the manual, but it seems strange to connect this to OV and COM. There is another 12+ and OV on the 3rd bank of conn blocks, so if I’m really confused , will use these 2 to power sensors.
Sorry for being slow.
You can tell it’s been a long time !!

Would be easier to change detector wiring to EOL and programming would also be easier. Screenshot_20200725-210417.pngThis section of manual explains how to wire for DP. Fault finding would be easier with EOL
It's not hard to put resistors in pir and use that pair for zone wiring.
Global tamper circuits are a pain in the B

That’s why it comes with a sticker for the PCB when you set it at double pole .... it if you have any sense wire it at EOL for the following reasons ...independent ID of tampers and 10 zones

You guys are obviously correct.. just me being stuck in my old ways. As you say, easy to put end resistors in.
Many thanks for the help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back