Installation, service or repair engineer??

Most decent housebashers on new build round my area easily earn £1000/week. I know I used to earn this and more about 5 years ago when I subbed before going it alone.

Would never go back to it though :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
gas4you said:
Most decent housebashers on new build round my area easily earn £1000/week. I know I used to earn this and more about 5 years ago when I subbed before going it alone.

Would never go back to it though :rolleyes:

What`s a Housebasher :cry: :

Derogative term used for numpty who only works on new build and is probably not fully trained/competent for private work :LOL:

gas4you said:
Derogative term used for numpty who only works on new build and is probably not fully trained/competent for private work :LOL:

So the fully trained/competent numpty doesn't do any house bashing then ?

Sponsored Links
gas4you said:

derogative term probably used by the lazy Brits, watchout lazy doley Brits , the Poles are a comin`......... :eek:

Balenza said:
gas4you said:

So the fully trained/competent numpty doesn't do any house bashing then ?

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Pete advice i will give you is get involved in every aspect of the job at the same time as they all relate to each other and will make you a better all round engineer as you will see the job from different prespectives..... Such as why the f##k did he put motorised valve behind the cylinder when the motor will go in a few years and how did he expect me to get the burner tray out off this boiler with the gas pipe run across there...

Only thing we can`t do is get the boiler designer by the throat when it comes to getting bits out . eg CDi`s divertors

quote="namsag"]Pete advice i will give you is get involved in every aspect of the job at the same time as they all relate to each other and will make you a better all round engineer as you will see the job from different prespectives..... Such as why the f##k did he put motorised valve behind the cylinder when the motor will go in a few years and how did he expect me to get the burner tray out off this boiler with the gas pipe run across there...

Only thing we can`t do is get the boiler designer by the throat when it comes to getting bits out . eg CDi`s divertors

I don`t know what he`s on but ****itt!.. I`m with the strange dude in combat gear!!

are you a fan of big queens then bambergaspipe?? no no no, i mean are you a big queen? eeeerrrr no that ant right is it? ARE YOU A BIG QUEEN FAN !? sorry no able to get me words out today!!

plumber (new blood) said:
are you a fan of big queens then bambergaspipe?? no no no, i mean are you a big queen? eeeerrrr no that ant right is it? ARE YOU A BIG QUEEN FAN !? sorry no able to get me words out today!!

Yes, I am gay & a big Queen fan..hope that helps you out.. :rolleyes: Is it important :?:

oh, was just askin if you were a queen fan thats all, but if you bat for the other team..then hey whatever its a moden age and all that.

corgiman said:
Seems to me every one is boiler bashing these days, we have had awful trouble recruiting people who know their a**e from their elbow in fault finding.

we are offering about 26k plus bonus down our way we get alot of applications but very very very few that fit the critrea hence why we invest alot in retrainers

not suprised you only get monkeys if thats all your paying !

i thought Baxi Potterton were bad with there £30k basic plus bonus :eek:

gazthepottertonengineer said:
corgiman said:
Seems to me every one is boiler bashing these days, we have had awful trouble recruiting people who know their a**e from their elbow in fault finding.

we are offering about 26k plus bonus down our way we get alot of applications but very very very few that fit the critrea hence why we invest alot in retrainers

not suprised you only get monkeys if thats all your paying !

i thought Baxi Potterton were bad with there £30k basic plus bonus :eek:

mmmm really thats amazing cash and they werent paying that when I was interviewed for em about two odds years back, in fact I remember them being the lowestpayers of the manufacturers, how times change.

28k BG for technical Engineer
23K for similar with Homeserve
Worcester Bosch 26K

Baxi must the highest payers in the markey by far!

Saw an ad the other day for fully ACS engineer 9PH

Still I will tell the bossman and see what he says but 26k No shift system No weekends and a very generous bonus scheme is not bad. If we wanna work weekends like anyone on here will tell you I work every weekend you can earn a mint,
:)

I owe I owe so of to work I go.

namsag said:
Stands back and waits for cutting response :LOL: :LOL:

not at all we may have it wrong, but it certainly doesnt stop them applying and there arent that many ACS trained chaps in my local so it must be somewhat inticing.

Ho Hum

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back