Installing a 3pin integrated oven

Joined
13 Mar 2017
Messages
155
Reaction score
15
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm thinking of remodeling my kitchen and moving the position of my cooker. I've seen some kitchen models that fit into wall units and hav a 3 pin plug. Does this mean I can plug it into a wall socket in another part of the kitchen? Any help would be grateful.
Regards Dave
 
If you mean moving an exsisting oven from one socket to another then yes you can do that. If you are buying a new oven once you have selected the make and model you like then download the manufacturers instalation instructions and follow those. But generally if the new oven comes with a plug attached then you should be able to plug it into a different socket in your kitchen
 
I don`t know if I`m the only one or not but a few times I have deliberately created a separate ci,rcuit if I know the istallations are to be used for such ovens, example one, two or three sockets in a kitchen where it is likely that such might be used.

That would be as an additional circuit to the remaining circuit for traditional kitchens which might be a dedicated ring or radial for kitchen only or for kitchen and likely lightly loaded places like bedroom(s).

That might be considered by some to be overkill though.

It also gives the advantage of being able to use some kitchen appliances if a kitchen circuit is down temporarily due to planned maintenance or faults too.

Obviously if we take this idea to wild extremes we`d have the absurd situation of an installtion with each circuit having only one point of utilisation, the cost would be enormous and one (maybe large room) area would be dedicted to switchgear and nothing else.

I have seen a few instances where a few such plug in ovens get plugged into standard circuits at any one time as well as two or three 2kw or 3kw fan heaters for more than occasional use.
 
Hi, I'm thinking of remodeling my kitchen and moving the position of my cooker. I've seen some kitchen models that fit into wall units and hav a 3 pin plug. Does this mean I can plug it into a wall socket in another part of the kitchen? Any help would be grateful.
Regards Dave
It’s definitely worth checking the cooker’s power requirements before moving it. Even if the appliance has a 3-pin plug, you should make sure the wall socket and circuit are rated for the load, and that the location meets the required kitchen safety and installation rules. Getting an electrician to check it before remodeling could save you from problems later.
 
It’s definitely worth checking the cooker’s power requirements before moving it. Even if the appliance has a 3-pin plug, you should make sure the wall socket and circuit are rated for the load, and that the location meets the required kitchen safety and installation rules. Getting an electrician to check it before remodeling could save you from problems later.
Here we go again...
 

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.


Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

 
Back
Top