Installing an electric hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry guys another question on electric hobs. I am replacing a gas hob with an electrical one. The existing radial circuit comprises of 30A mcb at the CU with 6mm cable to the CCU and 6mm cable to a normal 13amp double plug socket behind the cooker (all that was needed before was a socket for a 2.5 kw oven and the ignition for the gas hob). I will of course replace the double socket with a terminal connection unit for the hob (6.2 watts) which I will connect with 6mm tce. My question is how do I connect the oven? Can I take a spur from the tcu and connect a single socket for the oven plug? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
You need to remove the double socket and replace with a cooker unit like THIS for your hob.

Then connect your oven into another socket on your kitchen circuit.
If you haven't got one handy then you can spur off another one (as long as that one is not a spur).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back