Installing cooker circuit in existing kitchen.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to get a new gas/electric range. For now we're planning on leaving the kitchen as is. I also don't want to move the current cooker (positioned in old fireplace) until the new one is here if you see what I mean.

How easy will it be to instal a new circuit and fused spur around the current cooker? Or will I need to wait until it's out the way before doing it? Tricky trying to do things in the correct order!

Sponsored Links
Photo of current cooker/area around it. Floorboards and fuse unit isn’t too far away.

Attachments

• A573B63D-5A72-43E4-8AC8-DD035D5BE03C.jpeg
    A573B63D-5A72-43E4-8AC8-DD035D5BE03C.jpeg
    234 KB · Views: 160
I'm confused what you actually want.

1. Will you end up with only 1 cooker?
2. Will the new cooker, be in the same place? I think you said yes.
3. I assume no elec supply to current cooker.

I guess an electrican could install a new cable and isolator leaving the end loose until you are ready to change over.
or he could install it to a cooker connection plate and you use flex between that and the cooker, which is fairly normal as long as the plate is out of sight.
special heat resistance H07RNF flex to be used

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back