Installing dedicated sockets for washing machine and tumble

Why spoil an excellent post with the poor advice in the last half of the last sentence?

Frequent plugging/unplugging causes wear and tear. Fit two singles.
My intention was not to spoil or give ill advise.
My reason was, just in case the OP thought it would be sensible to still install a DG socket and then announce that they would only operate one appliance at a time, knowing that it is highly unlikely that anyone would keep strictly to that regime.
Of course the sensible way forward is to install two SG sockets, why do you think I mentioned that in the first place, if I did not believe it to be the correct solution under these circumstances?

Sponsored Links
Here we go, that is why the subject is being spoken about, not that 2 singles were to be or not to be installed, but a question was asked about the use of a DG socket.
Only polite to respond to it!
Brilliant thank you. Lastly am I right in thinking that a 13a double socket is not suited to run both appliances and two singles should be used due to the amount of amps drawn?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back