Installing free standing bath tap

Ah ok, because they're push fit then they don't need to spin as they're being tightened, that's fair enough. Never had a need to use push fit connectors, so never had to check that.

Every day is a school day!!

Sponsored Links
The last couple of floor mounted taps I have fitted have had floor mount systems.
The crosswater has a ibox style floor mount, you connect the hot and cold tile up to the guard then remove gaurd and bolt the tap onto it. Cost £1400.
The current one is a Hansgrohe, has its own floorbox is connected and screeded round. Once the floor is resined I will fit tap. Cost £1600!

The last couple of floor mounted taps I have fitted have had floor mount systems.
The crosswater has a ibox style floor mount, you connect the hot and cold tile up to the guard then remove gaurd and bolt the tap onto it. Cost £1400.
The current one is a Hansgrohe, has its own floorbox is connected and screeded round. Once the floor is resined I will fit tap. Cost £1600!

Yes, it seems the high end taps have clever mounting systems from what I've seen from Googling and those mountings really bump the price up. I really liked the Hansgrohe Metris but at around £1100 it would have been by far the most expensive item in the refurbished bathroom!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back