Installing Hive receiver to boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'd like to install a Hive single channel receiver to control the central heating from my Worcester Greenstar HE boiler.

The current Honeywell thermostat only has two core wire to it acting as a live switch and is battery powered. My thinking is remove this cable from the boiler and using 5 core heat cable wire the Hive receiver in. From the Hive receiver I want to wire L, N, Earth , 1 (Common) and 3 (Heating on) to the boiler terminals in the photo I think? L,N and earth are obvious but not sure where to connection 1(common) and 3(heating on) from Hive should go. Currently the thermostat is wired to Ls and LR. Photos of either end of that cable attached.

All help appreciated.
Thanks

Attachments

• BoilerTerminalsjpg.jpg
    BoilerTerminalsjpg.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 399
  • ThermostatTerminals.jpg
    ThermostatTerminals.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 454
Sponsored Links
Only a 3 core cable to Hive is required. If you use one with a green/yellow wire then it should have a brown sleeve over the ends if it's being used as a live wire.

Ls = 'Live supply' to Hive L
Ns = 'Neutral supply' to Hive N
Lr = 'Live return to Hive 3' (heating on)

Add a link between Hive terminals L and 1 (common) so that they are electrically connected

The mains supply to the boiler N and L remain as is.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back