Installing Nest Gen 3 to danfoss tp9000si help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
Im new guys so go easy. I need a little help installing the Nest gen 3.

See attached some photos.

I want to link the nest stat to the nest learning box via T1 and T2 but I'm not sure where to pick up from?
Red and yellow are the stat wires link to 2 and 3 brown and brown with yellow tape on the junction box.

Am I right in saying Nest live 2 and 5
Heating call for heat, nest 3 danfoss 4
Hot water call for heat , nest 6 danfoss 3.

Just need a little bit of help will be very appreciated!

Many thanks Daniel.

Attachments

• IMG_0487.JPG
    IMG_0487.JPG
    176.7 KB · Views: 882
  • IMG_0493.JPG
    IMG_0493.JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 610
  • IMG_0488.JPG
    IMG_0488.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 685
  • IMG_0483.JPG
    IMG_0483.JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 670
  • IMG_0494.JPG
    IMG_0494.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 535
Sponsored Links
Thank you , but where abouts do I pick up for the thermostat? Many thanks

Existing: Danfoss 4 - the input of existing thermostat - the output of existing thermostat - white wire of the three port valve.

New one: Hive 3 to the white wire of the three port valve.

Old the input and output of existing thermostat at the junction to T1 and T2.

Sponsored Links
So hive 2 and 3 the browns which go to the red and yellow connect to the t1 t2. So take the white at hive 16 and wire it into hive 3 , is this correct?

Thanks Daniel

T1 and T2 provide a 12v supply from the Heatlink to power the Nest Thermostat. You should connect them exactly as shown in the diagram posted by hertsboilers.

Heatlink terminal T1 to the Thermostat terminal T1
Heatlink terminal T2 to the Thermostat terminal T2

Under no circumstances connect them to anywhere else, especially the 230 V mains.

If it is difficult to run a new cable to do this (you must not use cores in a cable already carrying mains voltages) then use the separate Nest Thermostat plug in power supply.

Last edited:
Hello, would this be correct? Take the white wire from number 8 and putting it in number 3 ? Number 2 and 3 (brown) will then be taken out from there and wired directly to t1 t2. Can some please just clarify is this is correct?

Attachments

• IMG_0500.JPG
    IMG_0500.JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 486
Hello, would this be correct? Take the white wire from number 8 and putting it in number 3 ? Number 2 and 3 (brown) will then be taken out from there and wired directly to t1 t2. Can some please just clarify is this is correct?
The existing pair of wires from the junction box to the old room stat, will be used for T1 and T2, not to be connected to any 1 to 6 of the Nest.

The write wire from the motorised valve should linked to new Nest 3.

I have made a sketch to assist. Swapping your existing programmer for the Heatlink is quite straight forward, the hardest bit will be decommissioning your existing room thermostat, which you haven't posted any details of. If you do need further assistance with that, please post back a photo of your existing room thermostat, (or details of its make / model) and what wires are presently connected to what terminals.

Wiring.jpg

You will probably find that the existing thermostat wires go from the wiring centre (ie not the programmer) to the thermostat, so it may be easier to run a new cable between the Heatlink & Nest Thermostat, or use a separate power supply. In any event the original thermostat wiring will still need to be decommissioned.

Last edited:
Hello, thank you this is the stat

Attachments

• IMG_0490.JPG
    IMG_0490.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 478
2 and 3 on the red connector block will be used directly for the nest stat and to the heatlink. Then just put a wire into 2 and 3 linking them together ?

I'll obviously remove the browns but you mean like this?

Attachments

• You_Doodle_2017-04-21T11_12_20Z.jpg
    You_Doodle_2017-04-21T11_12_20Z.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 450
The red and yellow wires from the stat are usually the live switching wires. Unfortunately, I don't recognise your thermostat to know for certain if terminal 4 is a neutral or not. Is there a wiring diagram on the thermostat somewhere that shows terminal 4 is the neutral? Or can you state the make / model so I can find the instructions for it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back