Instruction Book for Alarm

sch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need an instruction book for an M & J alarm that was already installed on our house, as I cannot find the original. I only need an instruction book for the control panel, or written instructions if someone knows. The keypad has number 0-9, A, B, *, and a musical note button. The control panel does not have a screen, but lights for power, day, pa, tamper and zones 1 - 8 (3 zones are installed).

Sponsored Links
M & J sounds like the name of the company who installed it. is that the only name you can see?

Does the RKP look like any of these?

veritasRKP.jpg

scantronicwireless.jpg

scant9427rkp.jpg

rkpekm358x300ekm.jpg

ADERKP.jpg

ade_simple_set.jpg

sch said:
The keypad has number 0-9, A, B, *, and a musical note button. The control panel does not have a screen, but lights for power, day, pa, tamper and zones 1 - 8 (3 zones are installed).

wow. thats a real big help... that narrows it down to just about every alarm with a keypad....

Sponsored Links
Sarcastic f*cker.

For your information, not all of them have A & B on or for that matter a key with a musical note on.

As you can see from somebody here who has posted something useful, the texecom rkp has a musical note button, something the others do not have. Also, the "day" light the OP talks about only features on some of the rkp's pictured here, and they do not have A & B buttons on them. Some mfrs call "day" "Unset", other mfrs do not label their leds.

So actually, clever clogs, it does not narrow it down to just about every "alarm"** with a keypad.

**FYI, it is a control panel.

BTW, sch, from memory I think the MDT AVANTI panel rkp has A & B buttons. I may be mistaken, though.

Have a look on the RKP or control panel for names, numbers, logo's etc that belong to the mfr, not the installer. That would be a great help.

Breezer

There's no button with a musical note on it....

yes i know, but it has pretty coloured buttons to compensate and it has A & B :LOL:

Ah, yes. But I'm afraid YOUR A & B buttons also have arrows on them. Correct if I'm wrong old chap, but I don't believe the OP mentioned directional symbols?

:LOL:

I have checked the box the alarm is wired into, not sure what it's called, but everything's wired into it and it has a mains power supply. That has a sticker saying 'Avanti System' on it. Sorry, I didn't see this before. Also, the control pad also has a Z button, but it doesn't look like any of the photos that have been posted. Thanks for your help

Thank you very much, I hadn't looked for the manufacturer as I didn't notice the name before, but that is exactly what I was looking for, many thanks.

securespark said:
BTW, sch, from memory I think the MDT AVANTI panel rkp has A & B buttons. I may be mistaken, though.

Have a look on the RKP or control panel for names, numbers, logo's etc that belong to the mfr, not the installer. That would be a great help.

:LOL:

PS. If you have a fax, I can fax you the engineer's instructions.

Send me an e-mail if you'd like me to do this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back