Insulating 45x145 Timber Frame External Walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking into the best most cost effective way of doing this instead of using the 150mm quilt insulation that the house kit manufacturer supplies in trying to get the u values down a bit.
On another thread it was suggested that i use Warmcel, but this thread has deteriorated to the point that i would rather leave it alone and start another. Warmcel would i feel be impractacle as the nearest installer with the gear to blow it into the wall frame lives too far away from my rural island location.
I have however been considering Kingspan Thermawall TW55 or Cooltherm K12 and would like to know if i could use say 50mm of this with 100mm of quilted insulation filling up the gap to the internal walls plasterboard. Is this a sound idea that would bring the walls u value down to around 0.2 or would i have to go thicker with the Kingspan? Or any other product for that matter.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
You can mix the insulation. Just make sure there are no air voids within the frame

If you put the Kingspan towards the room, then you only have the tape the joints to form the vapour check

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back