Insulating a Deck Frame as Base for Outdoor Bar/Workshop

Your OP stated 20 m²

"If

the floor area of the building is between 15 square metres and 30 square metres, you will not normally be required to apply for building regulations approval
providing that the building contains NO sleeping accommodation"

and

is either at least one metre from any boundary

or

it is constructed of substantially non-combustible materials."

It's worth checking that you don't fall foul of the planning rule

"No verandas, balconies or raised platforms."

Sponsored Links
Ah yes, my mistake. Area I have to work with is 20 sqm, but building will be 15 sqm (or just under if needed to fit the regs)...which brings me on to another question - The walled part of the outbuilding will be 15 sqm, but I was planning on having an open covered area extending out (like a pergola), does this constitute part of the 15 sqm?

Well its not a balcony, and verandas and raised platforms (from what I can see in the regs), only apply when over 300mm from the ground?

Sponsored Links
To be honest, I'm not sure what you are actually planning to build so I'd suggest that you satisfy yourself that whatever you're planning to build is OK under both planning &building regs, safe in terms of ventilation and structurally sound

Links in post #10 for building and planning guidance

I have no drawing tools, so please accept my apologies for the attached abomination! :/

Attachments

• Drawing.jpeg
    Drawing.jpeg
    61.8 KB · Views: 72

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back