Insulation advice please

Without some pics its difficult to visualise. Im guessing you have a section of loft at the eves which needs insulating at joist level as that is lije a convrntional loft.

And then you have dwarf stud walls which form a tringular loft void either side of the house.

The central bit is the conversion, which needs insulating at rafter level.

If thats the case you are aiming to achieve a continuous insulated envelope comprising, joists, stud walls and pitched rafters.

Sponsored Links
Thanks all. I’ve added a sketch of the lift space, I’ve ckeskt not done a good job of explanining myself so I hope this helps. The aterisked and underline elements are what I will be looking to install. All the rest is preexisting. Again my biggest question is how to get the insulation at rafters level without losing too much head space. But any comments or criticisms of the rest of the plans please let me know. Many thanks.

Attachments

• 59AB9B50-8FF6-447A-8594-9342A43479A8.jpeg
    59AB9B50-8FF6-447A-8594-9342A43479A8.jpeg
    215.5 KB · Views: 94
Sponsored Links
Insulation at rafter level ends at the dwarf wall. Then out to the eaves it is uninsulated cold boarded out storage space. So the mineral wall at joist levels is to insulate first floor rooms.
So you only need rock wool in the floor behind the dwarf wall. And you need to insulate the dwarf wall. Think of it as creating an envelope around the heated space. You don't need thermal insulation in the loft room floor because it and the room below are part of the same heated space

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back