Insulation, metal roofing and moisture

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I'm building a heated garden office with a box profile metal roof. This space will be heated during winter months.

I've got 145mm rafters with glass wool in-between. 15mm OSB ontop of the rafters, then Breathable roofing membrane. I've then fixed the metal roof directlu ontop of the membrane.

Should I have put some thin Battons in-between the membrane and the metal roof? Are the peaks in the box profile going to provide enough ventilation and stop water being trapped between the membrane and the metal roof?
An I worrying about nothing?

Thanks James

Sponsored Links
The rule is, if you insulate a roof, a flat roof or between the rafters in say the pitched roof of your house, then the room needs ventilated and heated to stop condensation.

Then there's two ways to design/build/construct the insulted roof is either a cold a warm roof, as in, the positioning of the insulation and whether to vent or not.

Sponsored Links
Breathable membrane for pitched roofs works by having an air gap on both sides of it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back