Integrated Dishwaher & Fridge Advice (Photos)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,

I'm in the process of fitting a new kitchen. It's been fairly simple but I just need to check something with you kind peeps about the height of the integrated dishwasher and fridge.

I have tried to get them both nearly as high as the worktop is going to be. Is that right? I had to wind the feet down to almost maximum length on both.

Are they too high? (There is about 5mm space at the top between where them and where the worktop will be). What is recommended?

C13Sn.jpg

jnMPq.jpg

Sponsored Links
Hi,

You've done it correctly by the look of it.
The machines don't need a space between them and the worktop, in-fact some of them will have a fixing that allows them to be screwed to the underside so that they are flush.
Also when the door goes on the dishwasher, it will line up properly with the cupboard door next to it if there is no gap above.
If your concerned about the feet then put some timber or something underneath so that the legs can be wound up slightly.

The dishwasher should come with a self adhesive foil strip to put on the underside of the worktop to stop the steam warping it. If it didn't come with one then paint a coat of pva to the underside instead

Hope that helps

Just an observation:
The overall height appears to be low, although it could just be the photo.
If there is still time to adjust everything, put a plinth against the legs and see if fits without cutting or leaving a gap. If I am right, then its best to adjust the legs now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back