Integrated downlights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Can someone tell me approx how long they last?

Some claim up to 25000 hrs which is 22 years if you use them 3 hours a day.

Sponsored Links
They last as long as they are claimed to last.
However that is usually an average time, and is probably based on something like the time after which 50% of them will have failed under certain conditions including how often they are switched etc.
Individual devices may fail after a week, a month, a year, or even 20 years.

Given that manufacturers of such devices rarely keep the same items in production for more than a year or two, the changes of obtaining matching replacements when they fail is somewhere between unlikely and impossible.

I would not recommend integrated downlights to anyone.

As above. Some of these lights are failing between a week and five years.

I cannot recommend these things as when they conk out getting matching replacements can be a nightmare.

GU10 fittings are the answer, as there is only a lamp that can go wrong, and that's easily replaced.

As above. Some of these lights are failing between a week and five years. I cannot recommend these things as when they conk out getting matching replacements can be a nightmare.
Indeed. As I've said before, if/when I buy a number of 'matching' things (whether they are light fittings, dinner plates, wall tiles or whatever), if the price is not too high I usually buy a spare or three at the time!

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Thanks all have decided to go for the changeable bulb version after all, seems a lot cheaper and less hassle.

Gonna go for aurora EFD Pro ip20's

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back