Interchangeable different brand of drills & accessories?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

First of all, I am new to the world of DIY! Hopefully you guys here at DIYnot can take me under your experienced and knowledgeable wing and guide me in future adventures to come.

So my first question is this - I am looking at purchasing this: Ryobi 18V 8 Piece Kit and this Makita 101 Piece Accessory Kit - will the drill/screwdriver bits work with the drills in the pack? Or does one have to buy the same brand accessories that their tools are?

Thanks in advance and hopefully I have posted this in the correct section! :confused:

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the clarification cajar!

From what I understand, one of the limiting compatibility factors on a drill and a drill bit is the "chuck" size.

Would a home DIYer ever need more than say 13mm chuck size? Of course, it all depends on what kinds of projects you do I suppose...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back