interconnected mains smokes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I always wire these as a radial, but out of interest would it matter if I didn't?

Thanks

SB

Sponsored Links
Ah, sorry, should have said - was thinking of taking a 'leg' off the radial with 2 smokes on it - it would save a fair amount of cable and work. The only problem I can see is fitting 3 rather than 2 cables into the terminals...

Am I right?

SB

Sponsored Links
putting three cables in a terminal that small, could create a chance of one of them coming loose in the future maybe?

putting three cables in a terminal that small, could create a chance of one of them coming loose in the future maybe?

Three is possible in my experience - more may become tricky.

I tend to stick to Aico Easyfits.

You're probably thinking of the rules for monitored ELV fire alarms SB where a spur would not be monitored so spuring is not allowed.
For mains ones the cables aren't monitored so it doesn't matter.

I've managed 4x 1.0mmsq into the Aico alarms - getting it all in the terminals was easy enough, but it was a little tight for wiring space with the cover on!

Yes I think you could be right Spark 123 - my mind seems to remember no spurring off those...

Thanks for replies everyone, will use 1mm 3 core to make life a bit easier.

SB

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back