Intergas boiler not acheiving full power on ch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last time boiler was serviced the engineer said it was refusing to power up properly on central heating. it's a HRE 28/24 intergas model. It fires up ok but immediately powers down to about 20% which results in radiators not getting very warm. The engineer said it could be the pump or the pcb at fault. He phoned intergas who suggested that it was probably a circulation issue. The service engineer said it "wouldn't be that" and there was another person at intergas who he would rather have spoken to who would have known what the problem was. He suggested it would need further investigation and I should get him to come back if I wanted it doing. I'm reluctant to get this particular engineer back as he appears to not know what the problem is. I'm thinking he should, as an Intergas recommended engineer, be able to diagnose this problem at the time of the service with a laptop if nothing else. Any thoughts/recomendations much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Almost certainly some magnetite stuck in the primary coil. The boiler needs cleansing

In the meantime you could set parameter c to around 40 that will help (y)

Almost certainly some magnetite stuck in the primary coil. The boiler needs cleansing

In the meantime you could set parameter c to around 40 that will help (y)

Was looking forward to meeting you today in Potters Bar Ray, but cancelled callout as problem rectified when wiring in Nest to O/T - there were some loose connections on the board which got resolved reattending terminals - no idea which but she’s cooking with gas now ;)

Sponsored Links
Hi thanks for that. Do you think the radiator circuit should be flushed as well? I'm almost certain this was not done when the boiler was installed six years ago as a replacement for approx 22 year old Ideal Sprint!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back