Interior lights on PIR's, anyone know of any?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been told by a someone that they have seen a dome type fitting with an inbuilt pir. I Have looked on the net and can't find anything. The only fittings that i have heard of with an inbuilt pir are exterior lights. Has anybody ever seen them? I'm looking for any type of interior wall light but prefer 28w 2D if possible. There is no possible way of fitting any type of other pir without major damage to the property im working on, hence the reason i'm after inbuilt type. Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Recently carried out a lighting refurb on a school which specified Thorlux, they do SMART fitting pretty sure they do a 2D fitting...

Dig deep though they are really expensive...

Ceiling PIRs come in white flush versions about the size of a downlight. Hardly notice them. ;)

Sponsored Links
Yes there is the switch PIR idea, the only thing is that its the common area of a block of flats over about 5 levels. This will work and the switches would pickup all the flats. Its just expensive, as i would need the one that works without the use of a neutral and i need about 15 of them. The idea of the ceiling recessed pir would be the best but i have no access what so ever to be ableto install with no major damage.
They also don't want it on a timer so my options are limited. Any other ideas? Thanks

What do you mean they don't want it on a timer??

Whether it be an occupancy switch or time-lag switch, they all work by switching the lights on for an adjustable period.

this is exactly what i want, but like il78 says they look expensive. I need a slightly cheaper version.Yes of course secureparks. Sorry i mean not on a timer so comes on say at 5 and goes off at 7. It has to be on a pir

i've used the TLC (2nd picture) sensors in a block communal area 3 floors with a sensor on each floor worked very well and you can set them to different times (I:E we set the middle one for 2 mins and top / bottom 3 mins)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back