interior paint query

You have to make sure you put Microporous paint on the right way up otherwise it lets the water in and cant escape.. ;)

Sponsored Links
Oky.

Peace Pipe out "Growler", hehe.

Thing is, that House Builders put in the cheapest wood they can get away with extrenally. Once Paint fails then the Paint gets all the blame.

One example is i painted with Dulux Trade Weathershield on solid wood window sills that are about 20 years old. That was ten years ago i painted them and the paint is still in great condition.

However, there next door neighbour got new Aluminium Windows in with Pine looking wood sills. Guy painted them 6 years ago and the Dulux Weathershield is all flaking.

It is the same with Exterior Plywood.

In other words different quality woods must have different water retention ratio's. Therefore putting Paint makers in an difficult situation.

Third-Eye:
The wood on the particular house I outlined was put in by the bloke himself as he built the bungalow and he's very proud of it.
What I'm trying to say is that the paint is that good that it's not allowing the wood to breathe, in fact we think it rots the wood.
Paint's still good after 6 - 8 years but the wood is wet underneath hence me questioning that it's microporous.
This paint was sold on the point that it was flexible and it is but it doesn't let the moisture out.
I'm surprised that no-one else seems to have noticed this.
Brilliant paint to use and a superb finish but - until they plaster it all over the tins that it's microporous....i'm still Elvis. :LOL:

Why did you not say all that before, pmsl.

However, maybe you have spotted a "flaw" with the paint then. Maybe you have a point in terms of the paint being to good.

Therefore, maybe, in your explained situation, then it could the flexibility of the undercoat that stays "un-split" that actually causes the wood to "rot". i.e. if normal exterior undercoat is used then it would eventualy split and fail. Making the wood to breath as it see's fit, so to speak.

Maybe it is "not" the Miosture Vapour Permeability Technology that traps the miosture but in actual fact it is the flexibilty of the paint in question. As this would make a certain ratio of miosture to be trapped against its will.

Do you see what i think i mean ?

Sponsored Links
Zampa said:
You have to make sure you put Microporous paint on the right way up otherwise it lets the water in and cant escape.. ;)

Lol..................................

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back