intermittant hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello there,please could you help! when we turn on the hot water it runs red hot for about ten seconds,then it runs cold for thirty seconds then hot then cold and so on the make of the boiler is a sabre it was only installed 4 weeks ago! i have tried turning the boiler on to water only,this makes no difference,i have turned every radiator off and put the boiler on to water and heating this also makes no differnece i have turned the water inlet down slightly this makes no difference the pressure guage is at 2.8 bar also the radiator pipes under the floor make a load of noise if you turn the radiators of individually,please help!,,,,,kirky

Sponsored Links
Drain some water out of your system to get the pressure down to 1 bar and see if that helps.
As your boiler is only 4 weeks old make use of the guarantee :!:

like the 2 previous forget it, call the manifacturer's. For your own personal satisfaction though, get their lass to run the taps and keep your eye on the flame on your boiler through the visible window. If the boiler keeps turning off while tap still running, it's not recognising the call, possible micro switch or faulty wiring to pcb. if it is staying on and still giving intermittent hot water i'd hazard a guess at the diverter valve or equivelant. This info is to stop you getting robbed by the local john wayne not to help you sort yourself, check all quoters reg no and photo cards. Good luck. But forget all that call the manifacturer to honour the guarentee

Sponsored Links
i will let you know what the engineer has to say,and thanks again(spoke to plumber and he has rang boiler manufacturer,someone from sabre is coming out),,,kirky

apparantly it is the micro switch that has gone,thanks for your replys hot water again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back