intesive training on heating systems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
looked at training course for heating systems are they worth taking or just another scam for training.

would anyone employ someone doing a four week intensive course or is it same as every other construction trade two part time at college, even the though the time spent training is the same in actual man hours.

Sponsored Links
put it this way would you attempt a heating system after four weeks. were as apprentice would spend about 3-4 years with onsite practical work, as well as the theory i.e 1 day a week college, wich all comes together after experience. even then most newly qualified find it daunting working on there own, because there responsible for what goes wrong and know what can go wrong. this job in theory can be taught in 4 weeks. but in reality it takes a long time to master

I took on a young man 19 years old, with all his qualification and three years with one of the most respected established businesses in the area. Came with a good reference.

Sent him packing after just three weeks.

On the other hand, plenty of DIY'ers read a book and put a decent system in. LIke I did 20 odd years ago.
Four weeks, how much ££?
I could teach much of what I know (excluding gas) in 4 hours - from which various conclusions could be drawn! :LOL:

ACS (for corgi registration) was only a 5 day course!

Sponsored Links
i also agree one lad i knew at college managed to fail a simple task at putting push fit together and was absolutely useless . and after 5000 attempts at retaking the exams hes now a qualified plumber, but probably still usless .at the end of the day if you have not got any common sense dont bother.some people are just naturally better at different jobs then others

I find that people who can demonstarte skill with their hand /mind coordination and have good experience in the building trades can be trained to become good plumbers.

People who are clumbsy with their hands, or have a shake, and give up in the mind rather than stickjing tenaciously to the task in hand, had better go and shuffle papers or program computers or phone plumbers up trying to sell then debt collecting services.

"""would anyone employ someone doing a four week intensive course"""

I would not and I dont expect anyone else would either!

There is a simple test which takes 20 seconds and quickly seperates the maybes from the nots.

Supply a few bits of pipe and compression fittings in a three dimensional assembly. Indicate the direction to turn the spanner to undo each not!

If he does not know which way to undo something then he has a 50% chance of breaking it!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back