Into Flashing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, long time lurker here,

Having some building work done and the builder has flashed the roof to our brick work - pictures attached.

It doesn't look like any style of flashing I've seen on the internet, the cuts normally angle back if you know what I mean?

He's a lovely old school kind of guy, I just wanted a second opinion.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_20210107_102232.jpg
    IMG_20210107_102232.jpg
    534.4 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_20210107_102226.jpg
    IMG_20210107_102226.jpg
    464.8 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_20210107_102337.jpg
    IMG_20210107_102337.jpg
    393.6 KB · Views: 253
Sponsored Links
ask mods to move your post to the roofing forum.

By & large, there's not much wrong so why not wait and see how you go on for leaks etc? Go up into the loft now and again to check.

The flashing should have been wider to go completely over the last tile roll it half covers.
At the bottom the stepped cut should have been continued for one more time.
The angle of the cuts is going the wrong way - it should be swept back to prevent rain entering.
And at the ridge the lead saddle is too low - and I prefer the saddle to go over the last ridge tile, not under it.

Have the turns gone into the bed joint chase by about 20mm to 25mm? Are they wedged in?
Does the felt come down to the eaves and go straight over the fascia into the gutter - or does the felt sag behind the fascia before going over it?
Were cavity trays installed following the roof line on both planes - I dont see any weeps?

Sponsored Links
Me DIY?
Lay down you sausage
By and large there's not much wrong....
I've forgotten more than you know about roofing
What kitchen are you on about I've got a fair few properties and they all have kitchens last time I checked
You're a dosser and an irritant
XXX

Dosser and the implied spellcheck are both applicable to that irritant
I fear people actually listen to his ramblings
I mean saddles over ridge tiles...our tel (assuming that is his name) is out of control !!

ask mods to move your post to the roofing forum.

By & large, there's not much wrong so why not wait and see how you go on for leaks etc? Go up into the loft now and again to check.

The flashing should have been wider to go completely over the last tile roll it half covers.
At the bottom the stepped cut should have been continued for one more time.
The angle of the cuts is going the wrong way - it should be swept back to prevent rain entering.
And at the ridge the lead saddle is too low - and I prefer the saddle to go over the last ridge tile, not under it.

Have the turns gone into the bed joint chase by about 20mm to 25mm? Are they wedged in?
Does the felt come down to the eaves and go straight over the fascia into the gutter - or does the felt sag behind the fascia before going over it?
Were cavity trays installed following the roof line on both planes - I dont see any weeps?
Why would you even mention this based on what you can see?
Don't clutch at straws Terrence you've been exposed.

Old school? I think he got suspended just after start of term.

Flashing is just wrong, E-
Verge looks nice, but is too brown - looks like he used just building sand C-

See me

He did say he was putting an extra run of the flexible adhesive lead type stuff underneath for belt and braces. Perhaps that's because he knows the flashing is off?

I do not think he put cavity trays in as he was just connecting to existing brickwork? This is a loo added to the side of the house.

Oh and thanks for all the replies gents (and ladies?), much appreciated!

H This is a loo added to the side of the house.
!
An outside loo - cludgie - karzie . so a possible ingress of water would not be a major problem ? Or is it a WC accessed from inside the house ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back