Intro from Hairyjon-New kid? on the site

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks. Thought it only fair that I should introduce myself as I am enjoying this site so much and have already had help from my postings in the electrics section. I live in Dorset, married 2 boys 1 24, A qualified vehicle technician the other 18 and doing 'a' levels at school. I assemble pcb's for a living but used to be a mechanic until the ealy 90's. Music, DIY (having recently bought a n ex-housing asscoiation house) fishing reading and more music. I'm impressed with the humour shown in many postings-keep it coming. :D Hairyjon

Sponsored Links
hairy jon ( are you really :eek: ) hee hee
sorry but what do you do, I dont know what that that abbreviation stands for. :confused:

Yahoo! My first reply in the 'general chat' category. Only 'cos I have a beard. It's been my nickname for the last 30 years. I assemble printed circuit boards for a living! Boring? Yes. Probably need to get out more? Yes! I hope I didn't offend you yesterday. Still :cry: Hairyjon

there used to be a factory near here that made circuit boards but it closed down many years ago.. Yates circuit foil or something like that.

No... you didnt offend me... and Im
newish too. hello.

Sponsored Links
Hi Crafty I would but don't know how :cry: Not only that I've got to find one that doesn't make me look like a sad old f**t! How do I add smilies to my signature :confused: Hairyjon.

hi hairyjon :D from another "newbie" although I didn't quite hit it off with everyone straight away...lol.

Mods? Do you mean Madam La Moderator? So far I haven't upset anyone I hope! One does wonder who's watching..... I must agree with the regs about swearing though, although I'm no prude! Do you know if its acceptable to quote words fromsongs? there's nowt in the rulesabout this. Thought it may be an infrigement of copyright. I'll try the smilies now. No. I presume I have to do this from my 'signature' menu There don't appear to be any smilies available on this

I posted on the diy question forums, on quite a few really, as I was having alot done to my house and had... genuinely... alot of questions.
I got good help here.
Then.... I jumped in the deep end here on general chat and nearly blooming drowned.
Rescued by some kind hearted regulars (oh gosh.. I got slated for saying regulars too)
anway, I backed off and followed the posts for a while then tried again.
I still get (as you will see) annoyed, hurt and upset at Moz dear when he gets as he sometimes does ( you do moz!)
and no doubt... that will continue to happen from time to time.
Generally though, I find this good refreshing fun.

gasgirl said:
hi hairyjon :D from another "newbie" although I didn't quite hit it off with everyone straight away...lol.
I might have done this twice! You couldn't have noticed my reply 'we have a philosipher (still can't get the spelling right!) in our midst' then! I agree Toffee- good fun! :D

hairyjon said:
Mods? Do you mean Madam La Moderator? So far I haven't upset anyone I hope! One does wonder who's watching..... I must agree with the regs about swearing though, although I'm no prude! Do you know if its acceptable to quote words fromsongs? there's nowt in the rulesabout this. Thought it may be an infrigement of copyright. I'll try the smilies now. No. I presume I have to do this from my 'signature' menu There don't appear to be any smilies available on this

the mods on this forum have no sense of humor. i.e almost all ebay threads get removed, if they dont have much modding to do for a few days, they just remove threads at random for no reason etc...

hairyjon said:
I assemble printed circuit boards for a living! Boring? Yes. Probably need to get out more? Yes!

hey, some of us mess with electronics as a hobby :evil: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back