Iran is next??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The 'Job' is not done yet in Iraq, now it looks like we are gearing up for a Iranian confrontation..

BBC News:
Jack Straw is to tell his Iranian counterpart Tehran has a last chance to show its plans are peaceful.

Jack Straw quote:
"It is essential if Iran really wants to come out of the cold that it ends it support for what frankly are terrorist organisations"

Fighting talk??.... :(

Sponsored Links
WMD.. Terrorist aid ....... Threat to humanity ... Lunacy ... Gun boat diplomacy ..

Bring back conscription I say ..... ;)

They'd have been in before now if Iraq hadn't turned into such a pile of ****.

You'll start to notice the patterns soon enough - I think there's a well-worn cliche about soldiers breaking into hospitals and bayonetting babies at random usually comes out about this time in the proceedings.

johnny_t said:
They'd have been in before now if Iraq hadn't turned into such a pile of ****.

You'll start to notice the patterns soon enough - I think there's a well-worn cliche about soldiers breaking into hospitals and bayonetting babies at random usually comes out about this time in the proceedings.

The only problem is that with the current opposition it might well be true

Sponsored Links
Trouble is, its very hard to make up your own mind about what's true and what isn't because, to be frank, I don't know Jack about Iran apart from what I'm told on the telly and in the papers.

Before the Iraq adventure, I think even the most hardened anti-war thinkers would have said that Saddam had some chemical or biological weapons, and it was just the inclination and means of delivery that were being exaggerated (or at least that's what I said) as well as the constant attempts to imply a connection to Osama and pals. No-one would have said that the whole country was WMD free, because we had been constantly told for years that it was chock-full of them instead, and eventually it sinks in. As George Galloway said, a lie told often enough does not automatically become true, but in this case I think most people fell for it.

So now, we may face a threat from Iran, we may not, but no-one's going to believe what they're told and we could find ourselves bitten on the bum as a result. Little Boys, Crying and Wolves spring to mind.

Back