Iresa - Poor quality energy supplier - finito !

Sponsored Links
I looked at them, but chose So energy.

A bit of research and you can find out the directors, registered office etc. So energy have English name directors and have a UK office in London. Also they answer their phone promptly.

Sponsored Links
yes worst service ever had from them
november last year boiler packed up so no gas used
all heating now by electric so 3 times the normal for the whole month until boiler fixed
instead off accepting my readings off no gas used they tripled the gas consumption to match the electric usage
many communications explaining about the boiler and weekly meter readings the system kept issuing even greater estimations
on day 49 before the end off the contract changed to outfox the market as you can leave within 50 days off the end off the contract
thankfully i canceled the standing order at the point i would owe them money before the switch rather than them owe me

yes worst service ever had from them
november last year boiler packed up so no gas used
all heating now by electric so 3 times the normal for the whole month until boiler fixed
instead off accepting my readings off no gas used they tripled the gas consumption to match the electric usage
many communications explaining about the boiler and weekly meter readings the system kept issuing even greater estimations
on day 49 before the end off the contract changed to outfox the market as you can leave within 50 days off the end off the contract
thankfully i canceled the standing order at the point i would owe them money before the switch rather than them owe me
Sounds like you would be better off with a new boiler rather than new supplier.

Sounds like you would be better off with a new boiler rather than new supplier.
you wouldnt have known firstly my brother[no3] was the engineer to fix it
and unfortunately brother [no4]had just died so dealing with his affairs as i dont drive involved brother 3 and myself so not only was his own work load building up time was short:D

Iresa Limited will be ceasing to trade

Hi,

Iresa Limited will be ceasing to trade. Ofgem, the energy regulator, is appointing a new supplier for its customers.

Customers need not worry, their supplies are secure and credit balances are protected.

Ofgem's advice is not to switch, but to sit tight and wait until the new supplier has been appointed. This will help make sure that the process of handing customers over to a new supplier, and honouring credit balances, is as hassle free for customers as possible.

Customers can find support and advice from Ofgem here . Or alternatively if they need additional support they can call Citizens Advice on 03454 04 05 06 or email them via the webform, or get in touch through Ofgem’s facebook or twitter feed @ofgem

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/consumers/...net-if-your-energy-supplier-goes-out-business

What happens next?

Please click here
https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/publications-and-updates/ofgem-protects-iresa-customers-supplies-and-credit-balances

Kind Regards,
Adeniyi Oladeji

Are they the company that's been on a R4 consumer affairs/finance programme, who blamed their problems on being too successful? i.e. small start-up, pitched an offer which had a far greater take-up than they ever expected and ended up with far more customers than they ever expected to have to deal with?

same old story
getting the balance wrong between low cost and service
competition wont bring down prices we need strong well policed regulation

competition wont bring down prices
There isn't any!

Look for the price of your average consumer durables and you find that everyone is offering it at the same price. Tell me that isn't price fixing between retailers.

Sponsored Links
Back