Is BLM a Marxist organisation.

And you say you believe them?

Which of the people using the word represents "the organisation?" You have found many. Which owns the one true path?

Is "Brexers" an organisation? Is "Christians" an organisation? Are "Essex Girls" an organisation? Are "Football Fans" an organisation?

strawman, you were wrong just admit it.

Sponsored Links
Where did you read that?

The foundation received its official non-profit designation from the Internal Revenue Service in December, according to the Associated Press, and will be required to file public tax documents in the future. No public financial filings have yet been made.

So they received their non profit designation in December 2020, so you only file annually in arrears.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/...claim-blm-co-founders-real-estate/7241450002/

So these claims about buying properties are not backed up by evidence. The claims were made by the NY Post - the US equivalent of the Sun.

For this claim, like any others we fact-check, the burden of proof is on the speaker. The post provided no proof of such a connection, the author did not respond to provide any, and we found none in our research, though documents are limited given the nature of the organization and Khan-Cullors' employment history.

i think you are being a little too simplistic with your thoughts, BLM have been operating since 2013, BLM has been obtaining charitable donations since 2013, this funding has been sent to actblue whom operates similarly to justgiving.co.uk (albeit less transparent)

BLM have for years put out wishy washy statements of what they intend to do, however there is little evidence of it helping anyone, or what it's been spent on. Even the statements in your links are wishy washy, the money is being given to local chapters, that's it,

Up until last year BLM have managed to hide the expenditure, from what has been released it appears to have gone on mostly admin, they weren't really on peoples radars and the donations although significant to you and me were small fry. However now there is huge corporations providing funds they can no longer hide and they know this, hence the wishy washy statements.

From your own link

"Leaders at the BLM foundation admit that they have not been clear about the movement’s finances and governance over the years. But now the foundation is more open about such matters."

regarding Cullors, considering black people are so hard done by and suppressed, she seems to have done ok for herself a multi millionaire by all accounts.

Last edited:
BLM is not an organisation.

yes it is,

they have leaders and "chapters", (branches to you and me) to which BLM provide funding to. so they have a hierarchical structure

i thought you were brighter than this John,

Sponsored Links
It is not "An" organisation.

In UK there are thousands of flower shows and fishing clubs.

You cannot say "the flower show is an organisation with a million members"

The secretary of the Chorlton-cum-Hardy flower show is not a member of the Dalgety Parish flower show. He does not receive a grant from the Northwest Texas Flower Show. He does not elect the committee of the Floralies Nantes.

It is not "An" organisation.

In UK there are thousands of flower shows and fishing clubs.

You cannot say "the flower show is an organisation with a million members"

The secretary of the Chorlton-cum-Hardy flower show is not a member of the Dalgety Parish flower show.

strawman again,

put it this way, either Sir Galahad is correct with his links and BLM (global network or whatever they are called, to which people and corporations send funding) is an organisation, or he is wrong and you are right.

i'll let you and sir galahad argue the toss

i think you are being a little too simplistic with your thoughts, BLM have been operating since 2013, BLM has been obtaining charitable donations since 2013, this funding has been sent to actblue whom operates similarly to justgiving.co.uk (albeit less transparent)

BLM have for years put out wishy washy statements of what they intend to do, however there is little evidence of it helping anyone, or what it's been spent on. Even the statements in your links are wishy washy, the money is being given to local chapters, that's it,

Up until last year BLM have managed to hide the expenditure, from what has been released it appears to have gone on mostly admin, they weren't really on peoples radars and the donations although significant to you and me were small fry. However now there is huge corporations providing funds they can no longer hide and they know this, hence the wishy washy statements.

From your own link

"Leaders at the BLM foundation admit that they have not been clear about the movement’s finances and governance over the years. But now the foundation is more open about such matters."

regarding Cullors, considering black people are so hard done by and suppressed, she seems to have done ok for herself a multi millionaire by all accounts.

I am all for transparency and if the light shines on thsi BLM and it exposes activity that is illegal or unbecoming - excellent but we need evidence.

The fact BLM has become a talking point does mean it is achieving something. What matters is if they have spent their money in accordance to the rules.

This however shines a wider light onto the NFP industry in the US - we could start today and find murky behaviour.

Corp donors will be doing due dilligence before sending funding, so If any impropietary does come to light it will hurt the movement.

As I said in another thread the construct of the term BLM is wrong.

why does this topic keep coming up?
Why is there a near obsession with BLM on this forum?

why does this topic keep coming up?
Why is there a near obsession with BLM on this forum?

i think there are so many regarding BLM is that they are very much front and centre of news and have been for almost a year. They also get posted as people know it winds people up,

if you take away the chaff spouted, they can be informational, its also always nice to see other peoples view points and updates of which i would otherwise miss,i try and stay away from the doom and gloom news, it is rather depressing.

just 1 look at the news and its no wonder the cases of mental health and depression amongst youths and and those in there 20's, they have absolutely nothing to look forward to, just keep getting told how they should be depressed and should be seen as victims, and the world is ending, and not to accept they are male or female and that they can identify as 150 different types of sexual beings.... then you have covid on top of this, and a tory government that appears to be full of sleaze (though tbh i dont personally feel it's any worse than any other government, nor do i believe that had a different political party been in charge in the pandemic there would be any less contracts for mates)

BLM have been operating since 2013, BLM has been obtaining charitable donations since 2013, this funding has been sent to actblue whom operates similarly to justgiving.co.uk (albeit less transparent)
BLM are not an organisation. The slogan may have been created in 2013, but there is no organisation called BLM.
There are numerous organisations that operate under the BLM slogan, but they do not represent BLM, they represent themselves. Many of them are registered companies as Mottie has shown.
As JohnD explained, there is no Christian organisation, there are a multiplicity of churches, The Church of England being one, that operate under the banner of Christianity, but there is no organisation called Christianity.

Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation, Inc. is the organisation behind the website, just like all the other organisations behind all the other websites.
Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation, Inc. is a global organization in the US, UK, and Canada
from your link.

ActBlue, which is where any donations go, is a registered charity that deals with many issues, not just BLM.
ActBlue is an American nonprofit technology organization established in June 2004 that enables left-leaning nonprofits, Democratic candidates, and progressive groups to raise money from individual donors on the Internet by providing them with online fundraising software.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ActBlue#:~:text=ActBlue is an American nonprofit,them with online fundraising software.
You can join the movement. You cannot join the organisation. You cannot attend meetings of the organisation. You cannot vote for any representatives of that organisation, because BLM is a movement, a slogan. It is not an organisation that is in anyway answerable to its members. Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation is only answerable to its owners/shareholders etc.

Controlling Black Lives Matter: the battle to trademark a movement

• WTR investigation finds over 50 trademark applications related to Black Lives Matter
  • Filings all made after June 2020, many in the days after the death of George Floyd
  • Chairman of BLM New York says trademark protection important to help movement
Unsurprisingly, like any globally-recognised term, individuals and entities have filed trademark applications related to Black Lives Matter.

Vying for control

With protests still taking place across the United States, it is unsurprising that a bulk of the applications related to the movement are at the USPTO. Recent examples include:

• BLACK LIVES MATTER filed on 18 August 2020 by South Carolina resident Tonya Kirby for face coverings;
  • BLACK LIVES MATTER filed on 7 August 2020 by Virginia resident Norman Wyatt Jr for stuffed toys;
  • BLACK LIVES MATTER filed on 19 June 2020 by Georgia resident Renee SiaoPao for various jewelry accessories;
  • BLACK LIVES MATTER MOVEMENT filed on 2 July 2020 by California entity Black Lives Matter Movement Inc for charitable services.
https://www.worldtrademarkreview.co...ck-lives-matter-the-battle-trademark-movement

Sponsored Links
Back