Is China the main supplier of PPE equipment?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Whilst relaxing here on my sunbed having a read. It seems evident that whilst China is one of the potential causes of this epidemic they are also the majority supplier of all PPE equipment. Is this correct?

Must say i have mixed feelings about that. I'd been really fcked off if we also end up buying .vaccines and test kits from them too...

Sponsored Links
According to university of Cambridge virologist Dr Chris Smith yesterday, if you want an accurate test, it takes hours if not a day or two.
He also said that some of the tests the UK have sent back have a 65% accuracy rate, little better than flipping a coin.
Worse than useless.

majority supplier
We (the UK) like many other western nations depend upon China for a lot of our stuff. Love it loathe it, we have embraced globalisation and would find it awfully hard to disentangle ourselves away from such reliance. Trumps America for instance aint worth a wan kto the UK.

China should pay enormous compensation to the rest of the world. I would suggest that, as a start, they should cancel all debt owed to it by any other country.

If that doesn't happen, China will emerge stronger whilst having weakened all other economies.

Boycott China, don't buy from them anymore.

Sponsored Links
China should pay enormous compensation to the rest of the world. I would suggest that, as a start, they should cancel all debt owed to it by any other country.

If that doesn't happen, China will emerge stronger whilst having weakened all other economies.

Be prepared to go barefoot

Lol. Were already on our arse with this Brexit nonsense. Not a prayer that the UK will boycott Chinese imports.

Good luck with that! :rolleyes:

Be prepared to go barefoot

If we all only bought what we needed, rather than just keep hoovering up stuff that we fancy / like the luck of, that would be a start.
Better for the planet too.

Not a prayer that the UK will boycott Chinese imports.
Never underestimate the U.K. public. Or the rest of the world. Plenty of people are pretty ****ed off with China over this and have long memories. I will be adopting a 'China last' policy in future.

Never underestimate the U.K. public.
for their ability to be easily manipulated and vote against their best interests.

I will be adopting a 'China last' policy in future
you wont be buying much then

even stuff with a UK label will almost certainly have Chinese parts

those rare earth elements used in mobile phones.....almost exclusively comes from China.

Like I said, I’ll only buy from China if I have to. I wouldn’t mind paying a bit more too if I have to. There’s going to be 30,000+ grieving families in the U.K. alone when this is all over - all down to them.

Last edited:
Well, at least two from the schadenfreude crew in this thread are lovin' it. :whistle:
nobody loves the fact a lying dishonest government is in charge

but hey why dont you make a childish comment, its all the argument you have.

meanwhile the grown ups would like to know why the government didn't act sooner -you dont want the government held to account because you applaud the lies

Sponsored Links
Back