Is China the main supplier of PPE equipment?

Sponsored Links
Boycott China, don't buy from them anymore.

Buy from Europe instead, although you will probably be buying from a supplier that's actually in china, or got their items from china - but still, you will feel better about it. :)

Do people live on Planet Earth or Zodd?

You could drive a JCB, Range Rover, Avensis. Aston Martin and a Nisan for a while. Some rather high end cars. TV's radios etc probably very difficult. Clothes yes if you can afford them and be careful about where the materials come from what ever is bought. Furniture yes but at a price again. Shoes - at a price. Crockery snap, knives and forks etc wish you luck and many other things.

It is possible to eat purely British. Restricts choice in some cases but main problem is that if we all did it there wouldn't be anywhere near as much available and many more would go below the poverty line. As per the items above. Actually in the case of food we wouldn't be able to feed ourselves.

This gives a decent explanation of how they start and why. It should mention the Amazon and one or two other areas as well - so far not a souce

https://theconversation.com/why-so-...-and-africa-and-why-we-can-expect-more-131657

China has a monitoring system just as described. Like all such things it takes time to decide what it is and react. If they don't know that nothing can be done to prevent it. They got into gear from very few cases. I shudder to think what would happen if it started in a number of other countries including our own.

Never underestimate the U.K. public. Or the rest of the world. Plenty of people are pretty ****ed off with China over this and have long memories. I will be adopting a 'China last' policy in future.
no electrical gadgets then as they all contain electrical components from china

Sponsored Links
No Brexiteer can turn around and say lets produce our own. You voted to run down our manufacturing sector.

Too right..... Bloody Chinese , with their cover up......
I'm not sure there is much the UK can do about the Chinese cover up -the CCP still controls every part of Chinese society, transparency isnt gonna happen anytime soon.

Do people live on Planet Earth or Zodd?

You could drive a JCB, Range Rover, Avensis. Aston Martin and a Nisan for a while. Some rather high end cars. TV's radios etc probably very difficult. Clothes yes if you can afford them and be careful about where the materials come from what ever is bought. Furniture yes but at a price again. Shoes - at a price. Crockery snap, knives and forks etc wish you luck and many other things.

It is possible to eat purely British. Restricts choice in some cases but main problem is that if we all did it there wouldn't be anywhere near as much available and many more would go below the poverty line. As per the items above. Actually in the case of food we wouldn't be able to feed ourselves.

This gives a decent explanation of how they start and why. It should mention the Amazon and one or two other areas as well - so far not a souce

https://theconversation.com/why-so-...-and-africa-and-why-we-can-expect-more-131657

China has a monitoring system just as described. Like all such things it takes time to decide what it is and react. If they don't know that nothing can be done to prevent it. They got into gear from very few cases. I shudder to think what would happen if it started in a number of other countries including our own.
Eh? Can you condense it down please?

Let’s produce our own.

Wont happen any time soon.
Chinas own make electonic bits are still a bit naff in places but always improving. A lot of stuff is made under license - that's different.

Let’s produce our own under licence.

Make our own. Three word slogan to enlist the masses.

Do we have the capital equipment to make these products? The raw materials? The workforce? Will banks finance these businesses?

So manufacturing matters? Perhaps 40 years of de-industrialisation policies starting with Maggie were all wrong?

I'm not sure there is much the UK can do about the Chinese cover up -the CCP still controls every part of Chinese society, transparency isnt gonna happen anytime soon.[/QUOTE
I'm not sure there is much the UK can do about the Chinese cover up -the CCP still controls every part of Chinese society, transparency isnt gonna happen anytime soon.

We can't do much about the Amurcan president, but it doesn't stop some on here moaning about him.

Let’s produce our own under licence.
That's a great idea. Trump spouted the same slogan (MAGA!) but still relies heavily on China, after all his posturing. If they can't make it work, the UK haven't a cat in hells chance.
I'm sure it would make a great speech though.(y)

Sponsored Links
Back