Is it safe ?

Like I say, the whole world is over populated. Even the smallest thing that any one of us does, gets multiplied into mind blowing statistics, when we look at it on a global scale. We produce enough waste, in the UK alone, to fill the Albert Hall umpteen times. (makes you wonder how on earth they still manage to put concerts on, with all the cleaning up they must do there).

We are all living far too long. Deregulation of dangerous activities would help redress the balance. Anyone that wants to do anything that endangers their own life (at no risk to others) should be actively encouraged and, indeed, aplauded for doing thier bit towards the environment. If they kill themselves prematurely, through their own stupidity, it would reduce their impact on the rain forests of the world. Even if you mopped their remains up with tissue paper, it would still be less than they'd use for a daily squat over the following 50 years or so.

Lets make Base Jumping legal, and bring back our liberties to ride motor cycles without crash helmets, use cars without wearing a seat belt, go hang gliding without training etc..

Just a thought, as an alternative to tissue, perhaps they could make a more luxurious item from Rat fur. Plenty of them about and if they ever get close to extinction, the industry could move on to grey squirels and then mink. Besides reducing our impact on the forrests of the world, this would also give our indigenous species a chance to recover from the impact of these foreign introductions.

Sponsored Links
oilman said:
Second, people could halve the consumption of toilet rolls by being less wasteful and using both sides. :D

Hmmm, I am spotting a conspiracy theory here... You see, devout muslims don't actually use toilet paper. No, they have a special jug type thing full of water, that they pour with their right hand, whilst they *ahem* polish with the left hand. Perhaps the whole islamic terrorist issue was invented by Kleenex and Andrex... In order to bolster toilet paper sales?

Alternatively, you could do what they do in certain areas of the armed forces: one sheet is enough for a wiping when you do it in the right way.

TexMex said:
Lets make Base Jumping legal, and bring back our liberties to ride motor cycles without crash helmets, use cars without wearing a seat belt, go hang gliding without training etc..

Ah, but when someone goes driving without a seatbelt, crashes, then the person in the back seat morphs into an elephant (I am yet to hear of an occasion of that happening, but the TV adds said it did), they will be orphaning children. Which will drive up taxes, not to mention be a bit disconcerting for the child.

And it's a well-known fact that orphans use 4 times as much toilet paper as non-orphans. Thus offsetting any toilet paper reduction by the now-expired parents.

Ah, but when someone goes driving without a seatbelt, crashes, then the person in the back seat morphs into an elephant (I am yet to hear of an occasion of that happening, but the TV adds said it did), they will be orphaning children
OK. then, I suppose the Base Jumping and other extreme sports will need to be restricted to those with no dependants.

BTW. did you hear this true story. I kid you not, this really happened.
A woman driving along during a heatwave, with her windows wide open, suddenly heard a loud bang and felt a blow to the back of her head. Reaching back, to her horror she could feal a part of her brain hanging out of her head. Convinced that she had been shot, she imediately pulled over and dialed 999 for an ambulance.

The ambulance crew arrived and looked at the head wound without removing the womans hand (for fear of causing irreversible damage to her brain). By now the woman was suffering from accute shock. A helicopter was called and the patient was airlifted to hospital, where the true nature of her injury was revealed.

Apparently, on her back parcel shelf she had been transporting a carton of Mr Pilsbury dough. In the heat, the dough had expanded and caused the canister to explode. The brain that she had been holding in place so carefully (for over four hours), turned out to be doughnut mixture!

Sponsored Links
Back