Is it the blade or machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have an old 18v DeWalt saw like new but when cutting say 3x2 cls it jams and slows to a stop, so any ideas ?
Thanks
IMG_0867.jpeg
It the blade or machine

Sponsored Links
is it a fully charged li-ion battery ??
how old is it
is the wood wet
has it got a riving knife
is the blade sharp or is it now as it looks smooth teeth

It definitely won't hurt to change the disc.
The teeth dcertainly protrude a lot more on a new one! ;)

Screenshot_20231209-195938_Chrome.jpg

Battery or motor, or loose blade (motor will still run). Blunt blade will just create smoke.

Sponsored Links
just noticed the blade is an upcut blade [anticlockwise ] what way does your machine turn??

When you say old, how old? Like "it hs a NiCd battery" old? Show some zoomed-further-out pictures

Also, the blade that's in it doesn't seem to have much of a set. Are you using the saw with a track/straightedge?

Thanks all I bought a 8 piece set years back with the saw being used but looking good, but I had my makita saw so this sat unused for years till now. It had one genuine battery but this started to play up with other tools so bought two cheap non genuine ones which seem to work okay with the drill and reciprocating saw, I know they are a lighter load but the circular saw struggles so thought to ask here if the teeth looked okay. I think I will try a new blade for the cost just to see. Any recommendations on a blade to try ?
Thanks

saxton if you want a relatively cheap blade that will be razor sharp but probably only last half as long as dewalt or freud but half the price

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back