Is it time to ban cigarettes/tobacco?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In the past 10 years they've killed ONE MILLION people.

Ban them NOW.

Sponsored Links
Something that can cull off that many people in such a short time should be promoted in over crowded britian.

The drug dealers here would love this extra business. And tourism would take a big hit.
Like prohibition...unworkable.

Sponsored Links
I have always wondered if it would be best to legalize drugs....surely it would cut crime and may actually make them less appealing to some...they are so readily available anyway...it would surely cut out the black market.

Or have I missed something !

A million dead? If terrorist did that sort of damage would we just shrug our shoulders? Or BSE? Or Air travel? Or road deaths? Why are tobacco deaths greeted with a mere shrug of the shoulders?

Joe.... I bet that the Ausies really loved you..... The Original whinging Pom.... :p

When you came back to the UK did you arrive air freight, bound in duct tape and in a sturdy wooden crate? :D

In the past 10 years they've killed ONE MILLION people.

IS that worldwide or just here in the UK??
How many people would have died anyway? Life's ultimate aim is to die. Nothing we can do to stop it.

UK then Joe, and your 100% certain that it was totally attributable to cigarettes? I only ask as a mate of mine was killed by a bus, whilst lighting a cigarette up.

That is directly attributed to smoking - not passive smoking either.

I have always wondered if it would be best to legalize drugs....surely it would cut crime and may actually make them less appealing to some...they are so readily available anyway...it would surely cut out the black market.

Or have I missed something !

Legalise them and tax them.....

Don't you think we've got enough trouble with alcohol and tobacco?

Who cares? The fact that it's banned in most public places is more than enough.
Feckless drinkers and smokers pay far more in tax than the morally superior boring people who criticise them.

Those that don't may live longer but will exert a much greater financial demand on us by years in care with age related diseases like dementia/Alzheimers(made it to 100 but can't remember the Falklands war or the names of your kids...well done you :rolleyes: )

Better to burn out than fade away eh?

I think if people are dumb enough to smoke let em. We're overcrowded
already. Can only help surely ;)

Sponsored Links
Back