Is it worth having a system that will ring you up?

I once cut a redcare line by accident. All that happened was an angry fellar turned up from BT about an hour and a half later.

And what you missed was the system reported as compromised in an unset condition and a BT engineer arriving within the 4 hour time window.
Not the same as the system being set.

Your comment shows BT do as they say with a Redcare line, your knowledge of how and what should have happened is lacking.
But thanks for showing Redcare is a secure and trusted method.

Sponsored Links
The response from BT ( as Openreach ) is fast to faults on priority lines. ( RedCare, emergency staff on call etc ). I know of several instances where BT have called the subscriber to ensure the line is OK after repairing a fault the subscriber had not realised was there.

The problem for the average subscriber is that OpenReach ( the engineers who install and maintain the network ) are no longer allowed to talk direct to the subscriber. All reports and details of faults and incorrect installations have to go through the "help" desk or call centre of the telephone company whose staff are not engineers and whose conversation is restricted to the scripts, questions and answers that appear on their computer screens.

This talk about redcare is all very well and good but we know aunt daisy don't bother with redcare and even efficiacy as there contract absolves them of the responsibility of system failure.
So on a day to day basis redcare does not include the average domestic clients.

I don't know why every time someone mentions apples everyone else comes in and talks about hypothetical pears.

Bit sad really.

Redcare not with domestic clients?
Why mention Aunty dasiy?

Your rose tinted secticals need adjusting.
Domestics do indeed have Redcare. Aunty do not have the monopoly on systems. Yale sre not market leaders.

Awaits the foot stomping.

Sponsored Links
First post here! Actually my other topic will be Yale related but minor.

So I installed this, house builder set it off. Had about 30 missed calls as he progressed with his work and still kept setting the damn thing off. Never called me to inform me about this either.

I tried dialling in but with no luck! As the alarm was always being triggered my line was always engaged. Now my bill has been racked up to £14 because of this. I was a bit slow to disable my voicemail but damage was done!

Yes the call feature is great as I found out they were in my house sorting the snagging but they were supposed to call me first!

You're lucky your neighbours haven't smashed it off the wall yet.

You're lucky your neighbours haven't smashed it off the wall yet.

Thankfully my external siren was still in the box at the time as I had to wait til the weekend before borrowing a tall ladder.

Anyway, the alarm did the job it's supposed to do, so proved it works. :)

I once cut a redcare line by accident. All that happened was an angry fellar turned up from BT about an hour and a half later.

And what you missed was the system reported as compromised in an unset condition and a BT engineer arriving within the 4 hour time window.
Not the same as the system being set.

Your comment shows BT do as they say with a Redcare line, your knowledge of how and what should have happened is lacking.
But thanks for showing Redcare is a secure and trusted method.

My business premises have a redcare line.

When the line went down due to the clumsiness of a BT engineer who was on site installing an ISDN30 line, I received a call from the monitoring centre almost immediately to inform me that there was a problem with the line..... I then went into the services/boiler room to inform the engineer that there was a problem on one of my BT lines (Cue red face and apology)

So if the remote monitoring of a system is up to scratch, if a redcare line is cut for sinister purposes, you will know about it PDQ.

My point exactly.

Yes a business premise who can afford to pay for a dedicated incoming line and its rental for redcare.
I would be surprised if most domestic clients were even allowed redcare since most exchanges are short of lines.

First post here! Actually my other topic will be Yale related but minor.

So they could not find a way to disable the alarm . funny thing is all the pros on here seem to think the yales are easy to defeat. Not so - similar thing with one of my clients. You were lucky after button bashing the panel they decided to try and break open the panel . It all failed and the alarm kept triggering for two hours until the workmen had left.

My point exactly.

Yes a business premise who can afford to pay for a dedicated incoming line and its rental for redcare.
I would be surprised if most domestic clients were even allowed redcare since most exchanges are short of lines.
You're in your own little world aren't you?

Again I see nothing but pure supposition in your posts, it's about time you did some proper research before putting foot in mouth.

The company I work for has hundreds of domestic 'RedCARE' systems installed from each of its branches throughout the country, and have had since RedCARE became available all those years ago.

You really are out of touch with reality aren't you.

http://www.redcare.bt.com/Products_services/Classic.html

No need for an extra telephone line (a Modem Compatible Device may be required if fax and data services are to be used on same line).
Active, continuous 2-way monitoring - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
High-speed alarm transmission summons help within a matter of seconds.
Alarm signals can be delivered to the ARC even when the phone is in use.
Encrypted signals which cannot be replicated.
Instant detection if your phone line has been cut.
Our duplicated network ensures the highest levels of resilience.
No additional call charges.
Ideal security and fire detection application for any home or business.

My a apologies but i needed redcare on a business premises and we had to have a new dedicated line installed.
Maybe BT have conned me??

Do you think it was mentioned Redcare was available for domestics for a giggle?

Please as above read and learn about things.
I took the time to read about Yale, try doing the same about other things ehh!

Actually, just stay within your limited boundaries as before mentioned here,
You never take heed of what we say or mention.

Again your lacking shows.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back