Is my life in reverse?

L

longdogs

As a kid, I thought I would start work on a low wage and gradually build up my earnings until I was about 50 and then retire. Now that I am 47, I realise that this is not gonna happen. In fact my earnings seem to get less and less every year. The more effort I make, the less I get. All around me I hear people saying that they got a good bonus this year despite the down-turn in the economy - me, I just pay more bank charges. And, we all know those people that are so sh*t at their jobs that their company rewards them every year by giving them a hefty pay rise. Does ayone else feel their life is going down the cr*pper despite efforts to make an honest living?

Sponsored Links
You must've started out poor. It's only if you'd started out rich you'd be richer.

Not always, some people are lucky, some people don't have any luck at all, money isn't everything, I got a friend who been given 2 months to live and very well off. I don't have any luck but not moaning because so far I got my health

Not always, some people are lucky, some people don't have any luck at all, money isn't everything, I got a friend who been given 2 months to live and very well off. I don't have any luck but not moaning because so far I got my health
you have your health until you don't have it anymore

Sponsored Links
well the answer is.... dont borrow from the bank.. its their charges to
refer to

Not always, some people are lucky.............

Yes, noticed that, the harder i work, the more luckier i get. :eek:

Knowing what I know now about my health, I would gladly be very poor for the rest of my days and have perfect health than be where I am now: moderately well-off with poor health.

When I was a wee nipper, I had a full-time job during the day and a part-time job on evenings, when I was needed.
The evening/p-t job paid much better money, than the day job which was apprentice wages.
I used to give my Mum a few quid board every week and then **** the rest up against the wall, saving a little bit for bus fares and the football, some of the best times of my life.
I earn more money now but responsibilities of life have taken over and I manage to get by, how I wish I was 16 again!

It does seem topsy turvy - when you're a kid you've got no money to do "big" things. Then you spend all your working life getting rid of big debts like mortgages, kids through school/college etc. Then you have a few years before you retire, at which time you have to live slightly more frugally. So having finally got yourself out of debt, you don't have quite the level of fitness/health left to do those things you wanted to do as a kid, nor the money to do them. :cry: :cry:

Damn right daneski88!
So don't have kids and don't have a mortgage at least until you are out of debt and you have done most of the things you wanted to do as a kid.
Life is that unpredictable that you can not afford to make plans...

Damn right daneski88!
So don't have kids and don't have a mortgage at least until you are out of debt and you have done most of the things you wanted to do as a kid.
Too late for me :cry: :cry: ;)

sometimes it's a good idea to tuck a bit away for a rainy day instead of ****ing it up against a wall. The pension fund is a good place for the well-off young because they can't get their hands on it and squander it.

As for kids and wives and houses, it doesn't matter how much or how little money you've got, they'll take it all

Sponsored Links
Back