Is Roger Waters about to be Corbynised.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looks like Roger Waters is setting himself up for a fall.
The media and the vested interests are already on his case.
The smear of anti semitism is enough to kill the career of even the most famous of people.
Its the equivalent of a silver bullet to a Werewolf.

Sponsored Links
He's had concerts cancelled in Germany for the same reason as far back as 2017. He holds Putin in higher esteem than Biden.

Think it's come to the fore again after a tweet by Dave Gilmour's wife.

1679006506723.png

I saw Roger Waters in concert about ten years ago. Very underwhelmed, his lyrics are incredibly powerful but he isnt a singer by any stretch of the imagination, and pretty average on the bass. I was in a minority, the other 50,000 fans loved it, but without Gilmour’s outstanding guitar work it was (just) a highly theatrical stage performance. He says things that would others cancelled, and will doubtless continue to do so.

Blup

I saw Roger Waters in concert about ten years ago. Very underwhelmed, his lyrics are incredibly powerful but he isnt a singer by any stretch of the imagination, and pretty average on the bass. I was in a minority, the other 50,000 fans loved it, but without Gilmour’s outstanding guitar work it was (just) a highly theatrical stage performance. He says things that would others cancelled, and will doubtless continue to do so.

Blup

Reading some of the recent articles it would appear Polly Samson (Dave Gilmour's wife) has written a lot of Pink Floyds lyrics. I didn't know that, always thought it was all Gilmour & Waters, and Mad Sid Barret in the early days.

Very occasionally, on a Saturday afternoon, when the wife's not around. I might have a couple of hours snooze on the sofa, drifting in and out of consciousness to 'Dark side of the moon' and 'Wish you were here'.

What music, what words.

Sponsored Links
Waters is well known as an arsehole.
Whatever contribution he made to music is negated by being a ****.

Reading some of the recent articles it would appear Polly Samson (Dave Gilmour's wife) has written a lot of Pink Floyds lyrics. I didn't know that, always thought it was all Gilmour & Waters, and Mad Sid Barret in the early days.

I’m no expert on the Floyd but it appears Polly wrote some lyrics well after Waters had left. As I understand it in their heyday, post Syd Barrett, they “collaborated” for ideas with other song writers/ musicians in the way U2 did/do but were the sole credits on the album sleeve. For all their differences Waters and Gilmour produced some magic

Blup

Given that he's always been controversial in his beliefs, which is reflected in his lyrics, I'm gobsmacked that he ever lived beyond 27.

Syd was not mad.
People could not hear the music in his head and did not know why he danced.

I read a biography on Syd called 'Lost in the woods'. I was so touched by his tragic story I bought his 3 albums on CD.
I only ever played them once, they were sh1te.

s-l500.png

I read a biography on Syd called 'Lost in the woods'. I was so touched by his tragic story I bought his 3 albums on CD.
I only ever played them once, they were sh1te.

s-l500.png
They were...different.
When he painted himself into that corner i like to think he levitated out the window.

Sponsored Links
Back