is sat tv worth £47.50 A MONTH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I JUST GOT A BILL OF SKY TELL ME MY NEW RATE is £47.50 i have sky since the 80s and think i have seen more wars , sport, news, bullsh## re-runs, new station than i can deal with , what is there for free :) help

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
http://www.freesatfromsky.co.uk/freesat-tv-choice-all.aspx
btw sky say you need to pay them for a box to get this thats rubbish
buy a linux box like a dreambox or techonomate 9100 and you will get alot more than whats listed here

there is also that offer some free hi-def channels with this card

http://www.freesat.co.uk/index.php?page=features.Main

for what you pay i get

20mb internet
unlimited phone calls + reduced mobile calls + reduced int calls
and a basic tv package

from virgin after a bit of haggling

No, Sky isn't worth it. I won't have it, but my brother has it at his place for the sport. Whenever I go around to his and flick through the 700 channels (well, it seems like 700 anyway!) it contains the biggest load of old codswallop, usually American codswallop you can imagine.

Anyone who pays £600 a year for ancient films, shopping channels, car chase programmes, truck racing, old soaps,repeats, repeats, repeats, etc, etc, must want their head read.

So, 700 channels, but still I can never find anythind I'd want to watch. Save your £600 and put it to good use in the pub, or spend it on a holiday.

We have the full package but don't use anything like the number of channels etc.

So I guess we'd say it isn't great value ... Wouldn't like to be without it though ;)

MW

I've heard about Eurovox box and although it's a bit (a lot?) on the dodgy side I'd consider it, but I'm not in a cabled street.

I certainly won't pay for Sky.

I have BT Vision, which is essentially Freeview (30-40ish channels I think), but with the functionality of Sky+, so I watch nothing live and don't have to worry about being at home or missing stuff, I just set it to record everything I want to watch and catch up with it all over the next day or two at my own convenience. Works for me!

The only problem is that my street is behind some big buildings and for some reason I can only get BBC1 and 2 through the old analogue system, not at all on the digital box, so I can't record those channels. Fortunately the BBC have their new spangly iPlayer on the web, so if I want to catch up on, say, Top Gear, I can watch it on the internet.

Given that you already have the system installed, simply check out the packages & ring them up & get rid of what you dont watch.

The movie packages show too many repeats & all of it can be found online anyway.
Unless you have small kids, cancel the kids channels, perhaps the music too etc.

You should be able to get it down to £19 a month.

Or cancel it all & your box & card will enable you to get upto 200 channels.

what is there for free :) help

In short, nothing.
The government will tax you about £140 for buying a TV set and putting it in your home.
They will call this pathetic tax "The licence fee".
It will be used to fund the bloated, out of date BBC, who haven't worked out a way of funding themselves yet, but pay their director hundreds of £k salary.
A small percentage of it will pay for some ex-debt collectors to harass, and attempt to criminalise, those individuals who haven't got a TV set and hence haven't bought a licence. :evil:

If you hadn't noticed, I fall into the latter category ;) ! EDIT: no I am not a TV licence 'inspector'!

I just packed up with sky and went over to freesat, seems fine to me. The only channel I miss is Dave :oops:

I just packed up with sky and went over to freesat, seems fine to me. The only channel I miss is Dave :oops:
You can't Dave?! We get that on freeview.

Will never pay for the Sky package. A friend has it, and a quick play reveals its not worth it. He's planning on dumping it anyway.

I figure that the more we pay for TV services, the more we'll watch it, which is hardly a good thing. I'm bad enough as it is watching crap.

Sponsored Links
Back