Is the writing on the wall for the European Union

Arlene is unintentionally pushing NI towards a re-United Ireland.

Which will be in the EU.

Sponsored Links
In a few months time vaccine makers will have ramped up and EU will have caught up.

And UK will still be facing years of Brexit mess

Arlene Foster asked Boris Johnson to invoke article 16 because her constituants are losing their businesses and lively hoods because of this N. I. Protocol.
Why was the Article 16, in the NI protocol required?
Brexit!
No Brexit (BJ's version), no NI Protocol, no Article 16.
Simples.

The EU invoked article 16
Article 16 of the NI Protocol of the Brexit agreement?
Now who wanted the Brexit agreement?
Who agreed to the NI Protocol due to insisting on their version of Brexit?
The version of Brexit, the NI Protocol and Article 16 which is responsible for the increase in tensions in NI?

.in order to deny UK citizens access to life saving vaccines during a pandemic.
In order to ensure that UK citizens did not have preference over EU citizens. Don't you see the difference?
It wasn't a case of EU citizens first. But it wasn't a case of EU citizens second, neither.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
In a few months time vaccine makers will have ramped up and EU will have caught up
In a pandemic a few months is long time.
How many Europeans will be dead by the time they get their act together.

The reason for Israel getting lots is well known
The reason Israel got lots more is because they paid more than others.
Israel paid 62 dollars per vaccine while America paid 19 dollars.

Article 16 of the NI Protocol of the Brexit agreement?
Now who wanted the Brexit agreement?
Who agreed to the NI Protocol due to insisting on their version of Brexit?
The version of Brexit, the NI Protocol and Article 16 which is responsible for the increase in tensions in NI
I agree with your point that the N.I. Protocol is a disaster.

I agree with your point that the N.I. Protocol is a disaster.
Yes, bit it was only required due to the version of Brexit demanded by BJ, et al.
No Brexit = no NI Protocol.
Or even UK staying in CU = no need for NI Protocol, which was the Brexit promised prior to referendum.

So not only is the Brexit becoming a disaster, but even the spin-off NI Protocol is a disaster.
How long has it been now since Brexit kicked in properly?
32 days? Most of which, trade has been drastically reduced.

I don't think it will be long before N Ireland politicians are having fist fights again. Her rantings may stir the real problem people up again as well. She and her cronies were initially made happy by sending them X million of extra UK tax take
Please stop making me laugh.

In a pandemic a few months is long time.
How many Europeans will be dead by the time they get their act together.

If covid deaths per million of population are looked at some EU countries have less need for vaccine than we do - ;) in that respect anyway.

But act together - the problem is supply rates not being met. The EU went the way they did to try and even it out fairly. For some reason that hasn't worked out. The supply isn't there. The other aspect is that the member states decided to go that way. The EU this and that amuses me in terms of what the EU is and how it works.

They have administered more doses a than we have so have run out sooner. Interesting that number is where we hope to be in a couple of weeks.
https://www.statista.com/statistics...ccine-doses-administered-by-county-worldwide/

USA and China are clearly hoarding it. Some people might see it that way. I don't.

Please stop making me laugh.

From your posts I think we agree mostly. The money was early on, a deal for Tory support and zero to do with covid. I have a cynical view about that sort of thing.

I was working in Dublin when the B'ham bombs went off and heard many views on the "situation". I suppose my concern is that some of those views are hard to eradicate. To be honest Ireland in total has bugged me since brexit cropped up and feel it has been used for political leverage by both sides.

Last edited:
the B'ham bombs went off
On a completely irrelevant diversion (me DIVERT DIVERT? Never :whistle:)
Has anyone read Jonathon Coe's The Rotter's Club?
He's a midlands based fiction author, (Solihull I think) and at least that book is based around life in the south of Birmingham, around the time of the Birmingham pub bombings. Many of the organisations, institutions and pubs can be recognised in the book.
Another of his books is called Number 11, and each chapter is about the number 11 in various situations. One of the chapters is about the Number 11 bus route.
That was one of the book launches and signings I've managed to attend.
If anyone does attend any book launches/signing events, if you have previous books by the same author, they'll usually sign those as well, whether you've just bought them or they're older copies.
I think the likes of Wilbur Smith, Jeffrey Archer, Bernard Cornwell, and other plenitudinous authors, might balk at the request if you turn up with a suitcase full.

Last edited:
some EU countries ahead of UK with vaccines

EtGWm6fXUAIxz3R
As usual Notch you present info to make UK look lesss favourable...Number of Vaccinations delivered, we are way ahead of Isreal.(population approx 10M.)

There's only about 9,000,000 people in Israel. The 'territories' are being denied access to the vaccine.

Sponsored Links
Back