Is there a god?

I am an agnostic. I see a universe we cannot and will never understand - so why try and pigeon hole everything. We cannot understand the universe - even Einstein agrees with that. On balance it would appear (to me) that the universe cannot be an accident. If it is - then who or what lit the blue touch paper and stood back and watched. We' will never know the reason - but that doesn't mean that there isn't one.

Sponsored Links
I am an agnostic. I see a universe we cannot and will never understand - so why try and pigeon hole everything. We cannot understand the universe - even Einstein agrees with that. On balance it would appear (to me) that the universe cannot be an accident. If it is - then who or what lit the blue touch paper and stood back and watched. We' will never know the reason - but that doesn't mean that there isn't one.

your not supposed to understand it,and you never will. but enjoy its beauty, and discover its greatness, and know how awesome God is in creating it .

The Lord Speaks

38 Then the Lord spoke to Job out of the storm. He said:

2 “Who is this that obscures my plans
with words without knowledge?
3 Brace yourself like a man;
I will question you,
and you shall answer me.
4 “Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation?
Tell me, if you understand.
5 Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!
Who stretched a measuring line across it?
6 On what were its footings set,
or who laid its cornerstone—
7 while the morning stars sang together
and all the angels[a] shouted for joy?
8 “Who shut up the sea behind doors
when it burst forth from the womb,
9 when I made the clouds its garment
and wrapped it in thick darkness,
10 when I fixed limits for it
and set its doors and bars in place,
11 when I said, ‘This far you may come and no farther;
here is where your proud waves halt’?
12 “Have you ever given orders to the morning,
or shown the dawn its place,
13 that it might take the earth by the edges
and shake the wicked out of it?
14 The earth takes shape like clay under a seal;
its features stand out like those of a garment.
15 The wicked are denied their light,
and their upraised arm is broken.

[quote="breadnbutter";[/quote]

your not supposed to understand it,and you never will. but enjoy its beauty, and discover its greatness, and know how awesome God is in creating it .

The Lord Speaks

.[/quote]

He didn't do a very good job of it did he, there are cracks appearing all over the place, the last one just a few hours ago off the coast of Russia..

Sponsored Links
How can a universe expand? What is it expanding into?

Well obviously the universe is flat and we'll all fall over the edge one day!! :LOL: :LOL:

When you inflate a bicycle inner tube it will inflate until it is restricted by the tyre. The universe must be the same - unless of course the universe has another universe to expand into. I guess all of this is beyond your thinking capacity. :rolleyes:

The Lord Speaks

He didn't do a very good job of it did he, there are cracks appearing all over the place, the last one just a few hours ago off the coast of Russia.

It really means that you were not there, in other words when God made things we were not there so we wouldn't really know, there are ways of interpreting things, and you are using literal meaning than applied meaning. Oh yes God is also entitled to make sarcastic remarks too!

I am an agnostic. On balance it would appear (to me) that the universe cannot be an accident. If it is - then who or what lit the blue touch paper and stood back and watched..

Given this statement, then I think "Deist" would more accurately reflect your views. At a stretch I'd let you have "agnostic Deist"

I am an agnostic. On balance it would appear (to me) that the universe cannot be an accident. If it is - then who or what lit the blue touch paper and stood back and watched..

Given this statement, then I think "Deist" would more accurately reflect your views. At a stretch I'd let you have "agnostic Deist"

No. My views exactly mirror Einstein's (who I didn't know had such views until the other day).

"Your question [about God] is the most difficult in the world. It is not a question I can answer simply with yes or no. I am not an Atheist. I do not know if I can define myself as a Pantheist. The problem involved is too vast for our limited minds. May I not reply with a parable? The human mind, no matter how highly trained, cannot grasp the universe. We are in the position of a little child, entering a huge library whose walls are covered to the ceiling with books in many different tongues. The child knows that someone must have written those books. It does not know who or how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. The child notes a definite plan in the arrangement of the books, a mysterious order, which it does not comprehend, but only dimly suspects. That, it seems to me, is the attitude of the human mind, even the greatest and most cultured, toward God. We see a universe marvelously arranged, obeying certain laws, but we understand the laws only dimly. Our limited minds cannot grasp the mysterious force that sways the constellations."

You are too dumb for this topic mate. Butt out eh?

[quote="breadnbutter";

your not supposed to understand it,and you never will. but enjoy its beauty
, and discover its greatness, and know how awesome God is in creating it .

The Lord Speaks

.[/quote]

He didn't do a very good job of it did he, there are cracks appearing all over the place, the last one just a few hours ago off the coast of Russia..[
/
quote]

thats like , showing you a ten year old dented rusty old car , and you say,the manufactures did not do a good job of it. corruption,corrotion,decay,followed whith the fall of man.

Sponsored Links
Back