Is there a god?

You don't know and I don't know. I don't believe in a personal God, but there appears to be something beyond our comprehension. Eternity and infinity have no meanings to humans any more than next week does to a dog.
Did you read what my mate Albert wrote? Which bit did you disagree with?

To be honest, I couldn't care less what Einstein had to say on the subject, as I all ready said his theological views or lack of them, are his and his alone. What I'm more interested in is what you yourself think. Not what you've copy and pasted from a website that you freely admit you never knew existed until a few days ago.
If you think Einstein's ramblings on theology are original, think again. Try Spinoza.

Sponsored Links
You explain eternity and infinity to me (he won't) :rolleyes:

Well there's no hope of you ever understanding the universe then. Either you disbelieve the law of cause and effect and believe that the universe came into existence without a cause or it had a cause. Which is it?

Sponsored Links
Well there's no hope of you ever understanding the universe then. Either you disbelieve the law of cause and effect and believe that the universe came into existence without a cause or it had a cause. Which is it?

So you're saying you are a Physicist? Yes? Because if not that would seem rather hypocritical of you. Being as you and Albert both understand it.

Have you ever heard of the Kalam Cosmological Argument? Because that's the question you're asking above. Look it up to see why it fails.

You're not William Lame Craig, are you?

Nah I'm not lame. In other words you cannot answer any of my questions. Well done - go to the bottom of the class. :rolleyes:

Nah I'm not lame. In other words you cannot answer any of my questions. Well done - go to the bottom of the class. :rolleyes:

I have no idea (well, there are some theoretical ideas) whether the Universe had a cause or began to exist or not and furthermore neither does anyone else. No doubt you'll just keep on parroting the "law of cause and effect", ad infinitum. Please don't do that, just provide your evidence that the Universe was "caused" and by what means. If you have any?

What I will say is this; Everything in nature that we know to have been caused has always had a natural cause, without exception. We have never observed something to be caused by a supernatural means, ever. Unless of course you know better?

This is why the KCA fails at the outset. If it was caused naturally, no need for god, if it was caused supernaturally, where's your evidence?

That's the best I can do being as I'm not a Physicist like you and Al. I'm assuming you are as you never said.

Until you can explain infinite and eternity - you are wasting my time. It's just words mate - complete waste of space. You have your theory and me and Albert will have ours. Simples.

Until you can explain infinite and eternity - you are wasting my time. It's just words mate - complete waste of space. You have your theory and me and Albert will have ours. Simples.

I understand it's a bit of nuisance but do you think you could take the time to actually explain what "your theory" is? Please try and keep it simple because obviously being a complete waste of space I find it difficult to comprehend such mind boggling matters. Thanks.

You must miss old Bert, he was quite the character, wasn't he.

read what Bertie says.

I want to know what your theories are, not Albie's, he uses too many big words for me. I need it "simples" like.

P.S.

Baruch, called and said "can he have his ideas back when you've finished with them"

Thanks

I can't be bothered mate. You believe whatever you like. No-one knows pre big bang so a complete waste of time.

I can't be bothered mate. You believe whatever you like. No-one knows pre big bang so a complete waste of time.

So you're saying there was a pre Big Bang? That's interesting. I'll tell you why.

It's generally accepted that "time" began with the BB, therefore, there was no "pre" or "before" the BB, as we know it, it makes no sense. You can't have a time related event "pre" until the initial temporal event (BB) where time began.

But what do I know, I'm just a complete waste of space and know "nuffink".

Actually I don't believe "whatever I like". I take into account the available facts of the situation and make my decisions based on the evidence, unlike some people.

P.S.
What should I tell, Baruch? Any time soon? he's quite keen to get them back.

Sponsored Links
Back