Is there a purpose to my plastic floor tiles?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm currently renovating my late 1960's 3 bed semi. The entire ground floor of the house is covered in 8 inch square hard plastic tiles. The tiles are stuck to the screed with a black tar like adhesive. From their appearance it looks like they were laid when the house was build, they have a marble affect finish.

Can anybody tell me what the purpose of these tiles is?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
They are used as a floor covering, much the same as ceramic tiles, laminate, carpet etc.....
It was the thing way back then.

hahahaha. thanks foxhole. was just looking for answer to same question only to find that you had already explained it so well.

Sponsored Links
They are used as a floor covering, much the same as ceramic tiles, laminate, carpet etc.....
It was the thing way back then.
Indeed it was - because fitted carpets were still out of reach of many people - and it provided a dust proof surface over the floor screed ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back