Is this a fair price for a new boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just been asked for a quote to fit a new boiler,i've quoted to fit a greenstar 30cdi.
Present boiler is in kitchen,new one will be in garage,approx 5m away from present boiler ,will be removing hot water cylinder,header tanks etc as its a vented system at the moment.Going to fit 8 new trv`s and wireless stat aswell,system flush,inhibitor etc etc.
Not fitted any boilers privately-although i do have my own corgi card aswell as the works one-chap is a sparky so will do all electrics himself-does £1800 sound a fair price?? as was thinking of quoting this but don't want to rip anybody off-just charge the going rate!

Sponsored Links
As the boiler with flue must cost at least £798 plus vat then that sounds quite reasonable indeed!

We would have charged £2738 !!! Considerable more than £1800 !

Tony

sounds cheap to me that. I have just got the go ahead for a job simular with a new alpha CD25C with jig (5 year warranty jobie) powerflushed with 5 new trv's £2100 inc vat

Sponsored Links
From the midlands-gave the guy the quote tonite and hes fitting me a new fusebox as part of deal aswell so im happy-so is mrs,did job last week-fixed an old couples gas fire was only there 30 mins so told em to just gimme a drink.....................gave me £2.60 in change :rolleyes: lol

Agile said:
As the boiler with flue must cost at least £798 plus vat then that sounds quite reasonable indeed!

Tony

Tony , are you sure you have read this post right , I anit been on here long but i know you are always abit cheaper . did you mean £1738

Agile said:

Tony

JAYSSSUS

Agile sit down you have a touch of the vapours, deep breaths and you'll be ok

;)

I'd have done this for Between £2300 and £2500 depending on what access to pipes in the kitchen is like, how easy it is to run a suitably sized gas main, and how many radiators to powerflush.

I'm in N.London though...

Boiler and flue, 8xTRV4s, Hydroflow, wireless progstat, fused spur? gas line upgrade? 5x5m+ tubes, fittings, chemicals, consumables, making good? gravity colds to link? etc etc.
At least 3K fromwhere I'm sitting- with the vat mind- you're bargain basement Tony!

I agree with brent

that would be about our price

My advice is check he is kosher then bite his arm off

Think you will find it very awkward to do without any hands the guy must have bit them off at that price .

i had a quote for £1800 but that was for a standard 2 standard boiler swap.

10mtr gas run (outside the house) soak away flushed etc....
no new trv`s, pump 3 port valve stats etc.....

its lucky i have some top plumbing mates, £800 fitted. get in.

did thwey supply the boiler for that

if so get in for taking advantage of two mates who make a living this way

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back