Is this a reasonable price?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had the final bill from the boiler installer £400 to install a ferolli f30b. Basically all the plumbing was within 1 metre of the boiler including gas pipes and eletric supply. He had to put the flue straight out, drill straight behind for the condense and safety overflow, and hang and pipe up 2 rads, the pipes were already there for him behind the rad. I bought the boiler and flue.

Does this sound reasonable to you ?

Cheers

Andy

Sponsored Links
It is a good price and if your satisfied with the job it is an ever better price

Two points!

I am very surprised that you apparently did not have a written fixed price quote before the work was started!

Secondly, as we would have charged £840 in London then that seems very cheap although our price includes power flushing as necessary.

Tony

Too cheap. Your boiler will probably pack up in a couple of years and you will be wondering why. At that price almost certainly has not been installed and commissioned to the manufacturers specifications.

Sponsored Links
Don`t talk shi#e because a guy does a job at a reasonable price does not mean it has not been done right. You have not got a clue what the engineers circumstances are or wether that is a standard price in the area. He maybe a fast worker an do it in a day which to be honest that is all it is a days work. Or happy with 200 a day

The only prob can see is it is a ferrolli

My area is the north west and the prices here for similar work is around £600
so the price seems good, but only if the job is correct and to MI's

:LOL:

Price normally reflects in the work thats been done from what I have seen over time. Unless its a dear friend or relation it seems too cheap
eg doubt a proper flush has been done for starters.
I suggest namsag read the posts properly before swearing (as Probably is stated as job has not been seen)
As I said previous time will tell!

Well if price reflects quality that means all those guys you see on rogue traders are top quality engineers. You have implied the guy has not done it right purely on price which is nonsense.

Also all these people who automatically say power flush must be done how many do a water test before to confirm this or just use it to add more to the job, scare tactic

thanks guys, he has done a good job. The reason is was questioning the price is that most of the plumbing was already done for him including the gas pipe (this was all brand new) as i said he just came, connected 2 rads and the boiler including the flue and the condensate and pressure safety and hey presto.

With regards to the price, he just said dont worry ill look after you - so i pressume he has.

Cheers

Andy

Assuming that he is all legit and above board do you realise what is involved in being able to "just connect up and hey presto!". He'll have ACS fees, Corgi fees, insurances, overheads and all the necessary tools. You ask me, you got it done cheap. I suppose you'll also expect him to come back when your cheapo boiler starts acting up.

Can you confirm that he has indeed "looked after you" enough to fill in the Benchmark Certificate and that he has notified CORGI who will write to you to confirm he is indeed registered (?)

Which inhibitor has he shown on the Benchmark Certificate?

Tony

Hi, ive misplaced the benhmark certificate but he did fill it in and the inhibitor was called fernox or enox, just cant remember at the moment.

He also gave me a receipt with the corgi number on it and said he would notify them.

Cheers

Sounds very good job then!

Please recommend him to others!

Make sure he does not forget to notify CORGI and that they send you the confirmation!

Tony

Agile said:
Can you confirm that he has indeed "looked after you" enough to fill in the Benchmark Certificate and that he has notified CORGI who will write to you to confirm he is indeed registered (?)

Which inhibitor has he shown on the Benchmark Certificate?

Tony

Tony, what do you actually get from corgi, some kind of certificate now or just a standard letter and do i have to have this to show the building inspector as the boiler is in a new extension

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back