Is this a spoof or not (Crafty & Adam_151 probably neede

Sponsored Links
firstly yes the device does exist, the police down our way have just used some of them. Secondly im in my 30s and i can hear it!

No problems hereing it, but I haven't checked that it is actually 15khz or anything of that ilk

Sponsored Links
They were gonna use this on the front of our shop, to rid us of the gangs loitering there. Loss prevention people came down and told us they could fit it. Never did though :(

I can hear 19,000 Hz on the samples on that site. :eek: Am i a freak? :LOL:

I know i have very sensitive hearing - I can hear the high-pitched whine of a TV or monitor when it is working, not many others can. Its almost subliminal, I know when there is a TV on nearby, even without seeing it. Anyone else this sensitive to sound? (I find Panasonic CRT TVs are bad for this, they make a LOT of high-pitched when you first turn them on)

So, no, its definitely not a spoof, the devices do exist.

The whine of TVs used to drive me mad too, another thing is those garden cat scarers I used to be able to hear.

wow- interesting!

The first link, to the ringtone, i can just hear. But if I didn't know what I was supposed to be hearing, I'd just think my next-door neighbour had turned on the TV or something.

The link with the range of sounds to try - I can hear them all up to 15k, but nothing past that.

I'm 26, by the way.

I must be a dog, I can definitely hear the 20Khz and just hear the 21Khz tone. I'm 40. My hearing is crap in the mid range though, too many years working in night clubs in my 20's.

Spark123 said:
The whine of TVs used to drive me mad too, another thing is those garden cat scarers I used to be able to hear.
I hate tv shops lol. and i'm sure one of our neighbours has one of those cat scarers, but its only at night that i can hear it :confused:

I've got tinnitus, trauma damage (freak 'accident' having a cold and having to break going down a steep hill):
can't hear a thing at 14.000, but hear it (again) at 15, 16 and 17.000 (but that hurts!)
I'm mid 40

I don't think that's right - I can hear the 24000 one clearly and so can the wife. I'm 31 and she's 34. Have you got your speakers turned up - I think the files play quietly anyway.

ninebob said:
wow- interesting!

The first link, to the ringtone, i can just hear. But if I didn't know what I was supposed to be hearing, I'd just think my next-door neighbour had turned on the TV or something.

The link with the range of sounds to try - I can hear them all up to 15k, but nothing past that.

I'm 26, by the way.
So if masturb-ation makes you go blind, now we know what makes you go deaf. ;)

strange, my speakers only play up to 22,000Hz according to the manual.

Like I said, I don't think that it's right. My range of my kit is only supposed to do 20,000. Would be interesting to find out though.

Sponsored Links
Back