Is this boiler any good and is it fully modulating? Biasi...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Im thinking of getting the: Biasi Riva Advance 32HE Combi Boiler

I need to know if its fully modulating for our shower spec. as i cant find any details on this. If anyone knows please post.

Also if anyone has any advice on this boiler please let me know.

Many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Good value, modulating, installation is as, no, more important than the quality of the boiler. Got a name for being cheap because B&Q sell them but really not bad. Though we'll know better in 5 - 10 years if you'd like to call back then... ;)

i think its a good boiler too, only thing with them is they tend to end up installed badly because peeps get em fitted on the cheap, you need to check that you get a power flush if not a new system, trv's are fitted, a bypass is fitted, does not matter that it has a built in one it still needs one and the old i will have a rad without a trv will do is not ok either, a room thermostat and a correctly sized gas pipe, 22mm will not do unless boiler is sat next to meter

Thanks for the replys, the house is being completely refitted and doesnt have a boiler like this at all so will be all new system including all pipework etc. rather than a replacement. The meter is about 5-6m away from the boiler site so what gas pipe size should I get fitted?

Im new to this so can someone explain what a trv and bypass is in laymans terms?

Many thanks again

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately, most of the M110s coming on sale now are the 110B which has a plastic right hand hydraulic block and a plastic cased combustion chamber.

Whilst many other manufacturers have used the plastic cased version for a a few years, my natural conservatism is to prefer the metal version.

With the use of the plastic one the importance of professional installation becomes even more relevant as they will be less resistant to fault conditions.

Your gas pipe will probably need to be in 28 mm but the installer should calculate that. The British Standard is for a maximum of 1 mB pressure drop on maximum power between meter and boiler. Chose an installer who is aware of this requirement.

Tony

right....get the B rated biasi, the riva compact HE it is cheaper and more relabile.

right....get the B rated biasi, the riva compact HE it is cheaper and more relabile.

What would be the difference in economy though?

Space is not important as it will be in a utility room. Is there a reliability issue than?

in real life a few percent, in the field the B rated biasi(m96) is kicking ass in reliability terms not to say the A rated are unreliable if you know what i mean :LOL:

in warranty call outs i say most are for the A rated m110,

and the b rated(m96) biasi uses a stainless steel second/condensing heat exchanger so no problems in that department either.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back