Is this fake news

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can this really be true, would someone actually leave an old person in this condition.
What about the person who filmed this, did they help.

https://www-dailyrecord-co-uk.cdn.a...ews/shocking-footage-shows-old-woman-23483509

https://metro-co-
uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/metro.co.uk/2021/02/12/postman-left-pensioner-lying-in-snow-after-fall-14069137/amp/?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D#aoh=16131646611834&csi=0&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fmetro.co.uk%2F2021%2F02%2F12%2Fpostman-left-pensioner-lying-in-snow-after-fall-14069137%2F

Sponsored Links
Well, there is a video of it happening so it's unlikely to be fake.
There was no "person" filming it, it was a door camera.

As much as I can understand that he is knackered and why, leaving a woman lying on the floor like that without calling for help is disgusting.
I expect the post office bosses may have something to say to this chap.
She was helped to get up by another delivery driver and a neighbour about 20 minutes later.

I think he should be sacked for such disgusting behaviour! Named and shamed!
I slipped on ice in my back garden last night, cracking my elbow really hard on the ground but thankfully no damage. I was only on the ground for about 20 seconds but by the time I got up I was freezing. I'm quite healthy at 64 but why didn't this git at least shout for help or call the services?
No excuse. No job. :mad:

Sponsored Links
No excuses...

But maybe he was worried that in this fear driven country he could have been accused of something?

Imagine if it was the bosses that said summat like... "deliver the mail then leave the premises. No stopping! No pausing! Do not hang around under any circumstances or else you are sacked!"

:?:

He should have alerted the emergency services and/or neighbours.

There is a risk of causing more harm / aggravating an injury when an untrained person attempts to move a casualty but to leave the person alone is unforgivable.

Noseall might have a point, but no-one is going to sack a 'hero' postie who saved a pensioner in distress. I agree with everyone showing disgust at his behaviour. At the very least he should have: called an ambulance; called a relative/neighbour; asked could he nip inside and get a duvet and pillow; and see her sorted before moving on.

Imagine if it was the bosses that said summat like... "deliver the mail then leave the premises. No stopping! No pausing! Do not hang around under any circumstances or else you are sacked!"

:?:

How would that remove common-sense/sympathy.

Does anyone know how the old person ended up on the floor?
Apparently a parcel was delivered but rather than knock the door and handed over, the Corvid practice is to place the parcel on the doorstep. The old lady slipped and fell as she tried to pick it up. :eek::eek:

Apparently a parcel was delivered but rather than knock the door and handed over, the Corvid practice is to place the parcel on the doorstep. The old lady slipped and fell as she tried to pick it up. :eek::eek:
How do you know?

Noseall might have a point, but no-one is going to sack a 'hero' postie who saved a pensioner in distress.

We live in strange times. Tesco sacked an employee for tackling armed raiders. Then had to pay out £42,000 in compo. In earlier times the employee would have been seen by bosses as a hero.

Agree that it is very bad for postie to leave an old woman on the ground in sub zero temperatures. What if it had been his mother? Even if he was tired, it wouldn't take long to alert a neighbour then he can carry on his way.

I don't understand why the video begins with the person already on the floor, why not show it with them falling down?

Sponsored Links
Back