Britcoin.. end of cash in hand?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Rishi Sunak is considering creating a digital currency similar to bitcoin.
This could be the end of the cash in hand economy.
There will be no hiding place from the taxman except for the very rich.
With the end of cash, every transaction you make will be tracked.

https://www-thesun-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.thesun.co.uk/money/15687636/digital-currency-may-replace-cash/amp/?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQKKAFQArABIIACAw==#aoh=16273245625460&referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/15687636/digital-currency-may-replace-cash/

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I wonder how secure it will be though, both in terms of money laundering and the ability to hack the bank of England.

Rishi can't be considering making it as a mined product as with bit coin,

The biggest issue with bitcoin is getting hold of it, and also there is no paper trail, so it's a money laundering dream.

I don't see why we need Brit coin when we've already got cashless systems in place...

In a cafe bar today. Table next to me had about £40 worth of commestables, time to pay and waitress refused cash telling the people that it was card only. The answer given was we don't have cards but do have cash so the choice is yours, we have eaten and drank our order so take cash or forget it. They put the exact amount of cash down on the table and walked off saying we won't be back! Waitress and manager were left scratching their heads and most tables around them saying "Well Done"!

Sponsored Links
In a cafe bar today. Table next to me had about £40 worth of commestables, time to pay and waitress refused cash telling the people that it was card only. The answer given was we don't have cards but do have cash so the choice is yours, we have eaten and drank our order so take cash or forget it. They put the exact amount of cash down on the table and walked off saying we won't be back! Waitress and manager were left scratching their heads and most tables around them saying "Well Done"!
Cafe I visit prefers cash, no charges

I rarely use cash, I'm more than happy to pay everything by card. Glad to see the back of it to be honest. Yes I am aware my spend can be tracked, but so what? I never liked the idea of carrying lots of cash around just in case, my cards give me instant access to many thousands of pounds, should I need it.

My weekly takeaway only takes cash, does not matter which Chinese takeaway I use, none of them accept card.

Many people dig out bundles of cash at the till when I go shopping.
I can usually only find old receipts in my wallet.

My weekly takeaway only takes cash, does not matter which Chinese takeaway I use, none of them accept card.

Many people dig out bundles of cash at the till when I go shopping.
I can usually only find old receipts in my wallet.

There is not one single shop, chippy, take away, or etc. which I am aware of around here - which does not take cards. The last to get a machine was a local chippy, around three years ago - now they find cards much better than cash.

As the old saying goes.. "Plastic is fantastic but cash is King".
There used to be something very satisfying about getting a brown wage packet with a wad of cash in it every Friday.

Well done to who?

As the old saying goes.. "Plastic is fantastic but cash is King".
There used to be something very satisfying about getting a brown wage packet with a wad of cash in it every Friday.
Back in my apprenticeship days we got paid on thursday around 12 30, just enough time to lose your wages in a card game before the buzzer went at 1300

Well done to who?
The sort of people who think it makes them look clever or superior if they ignore the conditions of sale they were made aware of before they ordered.

Sponsored Links
Back