is this quote taking the...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a large 3 bed edwardian semi and am going to have a new central heating system installed for various reasons. We want a condensing combi ad will need 11 rads. When he looked round plumber said 2 weeks work for 2 men. The plumber has also inc in his price for changing the bathroom suite (labour only). All central heating etc is for labour and materials and a small amount of tiling (labour only about 4m2)
I work in the building industry but not plumbing and had a figure of about £4.5-5k in my head. quote just come back for £8k!!!

Sponsored Links
Old ch to remove?
Bathroom unknown quantity
But sounds high, I expect you'll get lower quotes

thanks for that - bathroom is a straight swap and changing old lead bath waste and there is an old system to take out.

Sponsored Links
if the bathroom is as simple as you are making it sound...just swap and some pipework...then its about dbl what i think would be a good price

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back