Is this right? Drain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I employed builders for a 3x3 flat roof extension to attach to an existing extension which has taken over 3 months. still not finished as they are doing other jobs.
I have asked them to lower this drain they put in which leads to a soke away as once I put hardcore and a slab on it will be too high (I think) - this is what they have done which I still think is too high? Can anyone advise? I would be grateful. They have been a nightmare and play on my lack of knowledge, stupidly I have paid them already. The reason the pipe runs along the house is because they initially put the down pipe there , I asked them to move the pipe to the end of the building as I didn’t like it in the middle they never asked when they did it. They put the pipe along the house. When the garden gets done surely this would be where a french drain or metal drain would be? Also this big pipe and knuckle as it is currently would mean that the Alba would mean the vents in the damp bricks?

Attachments

• FB2EEAD1-08D5-4550-B107-19A4277C8187.jpeg
    FB2EEAD1-08D5-4550-B107-19A4277C8187.jpeg
    421.5 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I think autocorrect has changed some words for you.

The pipe does seem a little high for assuming just rainwater? If you’re not happy then get them back until you’re satisfied. If they’re not willing then you could always go to citizens advice. Are building control involved or not?

It's definitely not ideal, but is there depth to be able to reduce the level of the drain further? Drains have to run downhill.

Sponsored Links
- this is what they have done which I still think is too high? Can anyone advise? I would be grateful. They have been a nightmare and play on my lack of knowledge, stupidly I have paid them already.

Always a bad move to pay them up fully, before the job is finished. It looks odd the way it runs left to right, then back on itself. Depth depends on it being able to flow downhill. The lower the far end, the more height to play with - but that looks far too shallow, unless there is a very good reason?.

Back